Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to do this for a long time and finally made it a reality today. I now have a turbo'd sled.

I went with the Silber turbo kit with the garret ball-bearing turbo, 200HP on pump gas 250+ on race gas. Right now I have the boost as low as it will go which is 7psi,it still rips though! Cant imagine what 12psi will do.

Wideband o2 gauge and boost gauge,also has a turbo oil pump pressure gauge mounted on the counsel.

All of the extra parts,the sled does not weight any more with the turbo on it.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
I hear Aflac has good life insurance policies this time of year...[peepwall]

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Is that a sealed bearing turbo or is that an oil reservoir in the bellypan?

Sled looks great man.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
88400 said:
Is that a sealed bearing turbo or is that an oil reservoir in the bellypan?

Sled looks great man.
Sealed with a oil reservoir,that is why it has a oil pressure gauge.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Where is the intake? it kind of looks like it is under tho hood?

Right by the shock tower vent...

I guess you would be sucking mostly cold air from their. Most turbo setups seem to have the intake right next to the turbo or under the hood not near a vent which degrades perofmance alot. That is how Boondockers' set up is. Cutlers is real clean on the Ms, use the stock airbox/intake setup so still pulling nice cold air from the gauge cluster area.

Good luck with the set up. It will take me a few years to get there. I want to run out of talent on stock sleds to the point I NEED more power to get places to gain more talent...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Looks great! Glad to see a turbo show up around here, not a whole lot of turbo threads. When are you going to get a chance to get it out to the steep and deep to see how it really performs?

Chad

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Now I'm scared. My little gas siper is only 118hp. Unholy mother of g....

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
RMK-KING said:
Cant imagine what 12psi will do.
Cost a lot in parts, if it's used constantly... [beatup]

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
No tunnel dump or special muff??? Don't foget to buy some ear plugs!!! Guess i will have to get a boondockers kit now!!!! No let me know how Silbers kit is as that would be the one i get, as he is about an hour from house!

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
whats it run for a blow off?? or does it re-circ the unused boost?? also can you run a intercooler on it??

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
What kinda coin that set you back? Jeez, looks like someone is raking in the dough.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Were you keeping this lil project secret?

Any job openings out there for us poor people?

We're going to have to find a weekend to get out west now.

·
Registered
384 Posts
$3,500 just for the turbo kit? dang man! nice lol the value on that sled just went up by alot, just like the power :)

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
No tunnel dump or special muff??? Don't foget to buy some ear plugs!!! Guess i will have to get a boondockers kit now!!!! No let me know how Silbers kit is as that would be the one i get, as he is about an hour from house!
I would highly recommend getting silbers kit if you get one,he has 5000 miles on his turbo D8 and has not opened the motor up yet. He has top notch customer service,his kit has almost zero turbo lag and performs just as well if not better as the high dollar kits. He sold over 60 kits this season and has not had any motor failures yet.

I was going to do the tunnel dump but was not a big fan of having a big hole cut in my tunnel,it can always be changed later though. That is my only complaint I have with it right now is that it is to loud for my taste.

slamdry said:
whats it run for a blow off?? or does it re-circ the unused boost?? also can you run a intercooler on it??
His kits do not need one,he has used intercoolers but it gives it turbo lag. High charge temps do not seem to be a issue with this setup either,unless you maybe ran 16psi wot for a half mile climb,which I do not plan on doing [confused]

flatlander_summit said:
Were you keeping this lil project secret?
You guys knew it was coming,I had to make it a little bit of a suprise though [;)]
I hope someplace west has good snow spring break week,I would like to see how it does on the hill.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Yes, those regular exits are super loud, did justin say thing about a special can to quite it down a bit??? I thought I heard something like that early in the year. I know BD has something along those lines. Yea I have talked to justin on his kit, good guy! I would like to join if you head out west! let me know when you are going!!! I need one more trip!

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
Yes, those regular exits are super loud, did justin say thing about a special can to quite it down a bit??? I thought I heard something like that early in the year. I know BD has something along those lines.
He tried putting a BD can on his sled and he said it was actually louder then his 3" down pipe,it would be awesome if he could come up with a belly dump muffler to quiet it down some though. Riding powder it will be muffled down but on hard pack it barks.

I will keep you guys in mind for a trip,cooke and west are lacking fresh snow at the moment though [:(]

1 - 20 of 45 Posts