Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was in the hospital emerg ward from 9 PM til 3 AM,...
was climbing a nice lil hill with my Sportsman quad, it hit a good size rock @the top, flipped over backwards and all 730 pounds of it landed on top of me. slid down the hill under it and into a tree.
3 cracked ribs
bruised lungs
bruised pancreas (sp?)
cracked pelvis
and the obligatory loss of huge amounts of skin & the stiches that accompany that.
going to be 3 weeks to walk normal, 2 months before full activity... Damn i miss that soft fluffy snow to land in.

2 points,... Helmet saved my life, appropriate clothing would've saved some bruises and skin.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Man that really sux, dont you hate it when stuff like that happens..My bro has a polaris magnum 500 and I was climbing a steep hill and when I got to the top I had it almost stright up and down "not on purpose" it can take you by suprise, seems like polaris front ends come up pretty easy.."compared to our yamaha" Hope you heel up fast..

·
Registered
273 Posts
I almost had an Arctic Cat 300 land on me. I somehow manage to get out of rolls/flips(knock on wood). Was comin down a rather steep hill and the wheels caught in some ruts and made the wheeler roll a couple times. Stood up to the "cat" nature though. Landed on it's feet. Sorry about your mishap[B)]

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
That doesn't sound too good. Hope ya get better soon!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bad news man, sorry to here that. Where you by yourself or with other people? How did you get yourself to the hospital?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Hopefully you have a quick and proper recovery. Hopefully you're all recovered for sledding again.

Also a word of advice, when the doctor sets limits to your activity, follow those limits. I have a crooked arm because I didn't...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
sounds bad, but I'm glad you will make a full recovery. guess it could have been worse.

don't get hooked on pain killers. lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx for the replies and wishes, buds.....
Where you by yourself or with other people? How did you get yourself to the hospital?
Wife & I were only 2 mins from our house,.. i was in shock and actually rolled the damn thing back over before i fell down (couldn't breathe).. she doubled me back to the house... then drove me to the hospital... lucky she was there.

don't get hooked on pain killers. lol
hehehe, i sure dont wanna be,.. but DAMN they work good. biggest prob for me now is being bored,.. I'm not very good @ layin around.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Sucks to hear that man.

That's basically the reason I don't ride 4-wheelers much. I like snow.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
much better thanx, Bigwilly,... i'm mobile enuff to get in & out of the shower without help,... that's a huge bonus,... on the downside the second set of x-rays showed a cracked vertebrea (sp?)... so i'm wearing a really annoying brace. Hopefully 2 weeks from now I'll be able to drive and be a lil less dependant on others. all in all, I'd say progress is good,... dont think it ever goes as fast as you want.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
That sucks to hear about the vertabrae, but it is good to hear you are feeling better. Take your time with injuries like that, cause if you push too hard you end up with a bent arm like me...

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Well its good to hear you are getting better..

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I hear ya on the doesn't ever go as fast as you want. I've never broken any bones, but had my share of stitches, bruises, and pulled muscles.

-Dean

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Heal quickly!!

And I hope nothing but the best for your back. I know sometimes those things can be a lingering problem.

And like bigwilly says, be sure to let everything heal up real good, or you'll end up a 'bent armed freak' like willy [:p]

·
Registered
352 Posts
flipping quads on yourself is not very good for your health!!!! lol hope you heal quickly...im sure your not happy about having to wait an additional 2 mounths till you can ride :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
I No all about crashin, back in september i was on my 01 400ex in a field doind wheelies and hit a rock thig did a 360 and i flew off ripped a chunk outta my leg the size of the bottom of a pop can, and about an ich deep right to the muscle... was in the hospital 4 a week, but the first weekend out i was back out riding lol, then my parents said to hold off for 2 weekes it was hard but i did, and now im great.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
i crashed my sportsman into the back of a dirt bike i was doing 40 and he stoped infront of me and were riding in a fresh picked corn field so it was a little wet so i could not stop i hit him his helmet flew off and he fell off then my fourwheeler rolled rite on top of me and i was passed out for 3 minutes when i got up he was fine and i dislocated my shoulder and broke my wrist i was the only 1 that got hurt i did $1,800 on my fourwheeler and did $2,200 on his dirt bike which is more then he paid for it meanwhile i had to goto court becouse his mom was making us pay $2,200 for the demage on his dirt bike which he was the 1 that coused the accident but we only had to pay $500 which we didnt have to pay court costs so his mom got $350 out of the deal

1 - 20 of 26 Posts