Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys thanks for all your knowledge and tips on getting my first sled runnin. however she dont want to idle for me. anyone have an idea on what I should do next? seems to run out real strong but when I let off the throttle it will eventually die if I do not feather the throttle. Thanks for all your help. any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
317 Posts
hey, i just read ur other thread on this sled, when u pulled your carb did u take it apart and clean, it or just soak it? Also whats the sled idling at? should be arourd like 1500RPM or so, my sled will slowly die if mines low.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Turn your idle screw up a little and see if that does the trick.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RMK-KING said:
Turn your idle screw up a little and see if that does the trick.
By idle screw are you referring to the larger screw on the side of the carb, I tried that one but still wont idle.

feebles said:
hey, i just read ur other thread on this sled, when u pulled your carb did u take it apart and clean, it or just soak it? Also whats the sled idling at? should be around like 1500RPM or so, my sled will slowly die if mines low.
I did take the carb apart as much as I could pulled the slide out took the bowl off the bottom of the bowl was really clean as soon as took it apart I did not take out the jets But I didn't think that I needed to I could see light through both jets and blew air through all passages. any other thing that could be wrong? I cant really tell the rpms it idles at it wont idle long at all it will eventually stop running. Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
well its not going to hurt any thing to have too clean of a carb, so if i were you i would tear it back apart and clean every thing again, and pull out the jets and needle from the seat and make it all spotless. and you stll have a problem the atleast you will know its mot from a dirty carb.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try to tighten your throttle cable at the top of the carb but if your idle screw doesnt work then i dont think this will work. If the sled stays running if you feather the throttle i dont see how the idle screw wouldnt fix it. also make sure your carbs are syncronized perfectly (if it has twin carbs) just a few suggestions

·
Registered
538 Posts
clean the pilot jet again. i just went through the same thing on a carb i had to clean. everything was spotless, but it was the piolt outlet that was clogged because it's so small. i had to clear it out with a piece of wire. also, blow compressed air through everything after you clean it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
99ZRKittyCat said:
Try to tighten your throttle cable at the top of the carb but if your idle screw doesnt work then i dont think this will work. If the sled stays running if you feather the throttle i dont see how the idle screw wouldnt fix it. also make sure your carbs are syncronized perfectly (if it has twin carbs) just a few suggestions
Thanks kitty for the info I think I am just going to take it out and run the crap out of it and see what happens. it sounds like it has a real good top end and were going to get some snow with in the next couple days
so we will find out soon. I will post after my first ride. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts