Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got My old AC Panther Goin today, Got to drive it round the block then the Drivers exploded so i have to put new ones, My uncles Got a driveshaft with drivers, and he will bring it into town for me tomorrrow. So How hard are them to put in or is it just like a newer sled to put it in. Its a old ac panther dont know the year exactly but here is a pic of the sled. Thanx Travis
[attachment=52674]

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks Nice Simple And Fun To Drive! Kinda Like The Old 71 And 72 Olys There So Simple And Easy To Fix And They Run Bullet Proof!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ummm IDK Exactly what year it is, My Uncle told me it was a 67 when i got it, but idk

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Too bad you're so far away, I have drive shafts for those.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SHIP IT!!! haha

·
Registered
396 Posts
I thought the first number of the vin on those early cats was the year. I had a 73 cheetah and thats the way it was. Im not 100% on the late 60's sleds tho

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
That's a '69.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Ahhhhh the memories of the true "light weight" sleds of days gone by!! LOL My buddies dad built us an ol panther like that back in 83-83, what a ride that was, and 2 14 year old kids couldn't even destoy that ol girl.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
That looks like a really clean front bumper must have been stored inside part of its life. what size engine do you got?

Grenaded spockets are common on all sled brands[xx(]
Fortunately you can buy replacements for the cat from just about any catalog.

Since you are pulling the panther apart for the sprockets freshen up the slides and check that the idler wheels are free spinning so you do not ruin the track. Suspension spings are always good to replace as they go after a decade of use. Good luck with the cat!

I got used drive axles and other parts for old panthers like a half dozen used tracks FYI

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The bumper isnt as clean as it looks in the pic its bent bad.
THe Motor is a 12hp Kohler.
Yah Im getting 2 suspenions and 2 tracks from my uncle.
And Plz Shoot me a pm back on them drive axles
Thanx Travis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts