Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got my new sled over the weekend! its a 2009 dragon sp 600. i love the white matte and the styleing of the dragons. plus the walker evans are amazing. we got 5 inches here over the weekend so i got to take it out for a ride, and this thing rips!! these dragons must be clutched from stock? am i right? but it has just under 2000 miles on it, mint condition! i payed 6700 for it from a dealer up near green bay, wi. i just got done polishing the tunnel on it and a few other aluminum parts last night, i;; try to get some pics of it today after school.

to anyone that is looking for a new sled i recommend the dragon 600!! [thumb]

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
fox440 said:
so i got my new sled over the weekend! its a 2009 dragon sp 600. i love the white matte and the styleing of the dragons. plus the walker evans are amazing. we got 5 inches here over the weekend so i got to take it out for a ride, and this thing rips!! these dragons must be clutched from stock? am i right? but it has just under 2000 miles on it, mint condition! i payed 6700 for it from a dealer up near green bay, wi. i just got done polishing the tunnel on it and a few other aluminum parts last night, i;; try to get some pics of it today after school.

I would think much more of it if there were pictures.... [thumb]

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sounds like a great sled. I'm sure you'll have no problems with it.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
fox440 said:
so i got my new sled over the weekend! its a 2009 dragon sp 600. i love the white matte and the styleing of the dragons. plus the walker evans are amazing. we got 5 inches here over the weekend so i got to take it out for a ride, and this thing rips!! [12pt]these dragons must be clutched from stock? [/12pt][/color=red]am i right? but it has just under 2000 miles on it, mint condition! i payed 6700 for it from a dealer up near green bay, wi. i just got done polishing the tunnel on it and a few other aluminum parts last night, i;; try to get some pics of it today after school.

What? Yes, they do have stock clutching. All new sleds do.

Nice sled by the way. That 600 has to be one of the best values in the snowmobile industry.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Rubi said:
fox440 said:
so i got my new sled over the weekend! its a 2009 dragon sp 600. i love the white matte and the styleing of the dragons. plus the walker evans are amazing. we got 5 inches here over the weekend so i got to take it out for a ride, and this thing rips!! [12pt]these dragons must be clutched from stock? [/12pt][/color=red]am i right? but it has just under 2000 miles on it, mint condition! i payed 6700 for it from a dealer up near green bay, wi. i just got done polishing the tunnel on it and a few other aluminum parts last night, i;; try to get some pics of it today after school.

What? Yes, they do have stock clutching. All new sleds do.

Nice sled by the way. That 600 has to be one of the best values in the snowmobile industry.

If you only had 5" I'm sure it was hooking up pretty well.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i mean are they clutched performance wise better than say a stock 600 iq? i love this sled! here are some pics! [thumb] 201012822731265_23098.jpg
20101282274331_23098.jpg
201012822750609_23098.jpg
20101282280593_23098.jpg

** will i have to have the engine reflashed? im not sure if the 600's need it or not?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
So what are the plans for it? After seeing your last sled I doubt this one will stay stock, cosmetically at least.

·
Registered
848 Posts
That looks really nice! And it may be a good idea to make sure that it has has the updates done that it should

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yah ill have to check in with my dealer on the updates.

But my plans for this sled will to pretty much have it stay the way it is for this season (unless i change my mind haha)and then after this season im gonna put some white C&A's on it, maybe an SLP single pipe, SLP air horn, 1.5'' or 1.75'' track (not sure on what kind yet tho, maybe a finger track or the camoplast freeride), im gonna have the rear shocks valved a little stiffer, maybe others but not sure yet. do you guys have any ideas or sugjestions of some good things to do to it? i like to customize my sleds to make them my own.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I like the ideas you have as of right now. No SLP pipe set though? C&A's would look nice.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
The 600 CFI's didnt have the fuel map problems the 800 CFI's did. Nice Pick up man! You will love the IQ chassis!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bames said:
I like the ideas you have as of right now. No SLP pipe set though? C&A's would look nice.
are you saying i shuld or shouldnt get the slp pipe?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
nice sled! now i know what the hand guards look like on there, im definitely bolting them on there now haha

SLP hot air elimination kit and some flow-rite filters are a must!!! let that dragon breathe!

·
Registered
54 Posts
i have the 600 dragon as well and i love it. i did the slp powder filters, and the mbrp can and that loud enough for me i can post a video if you'd like to hear it. as for making the rear end stiffer, you can adjust the tension rods just behind the shock. let me know if you have any other questions as i probably have either done it or thought about doing it already

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
2008123116726796_19673.jpg
Nice sled man[thumb] Just ride it...no need for a bunch of add-on's. Just save you cash for riding. My wife had one and we still have her cargo bag you see in the pic attatched. Can't remember what I paid for it but it's for sale if you need it.
20101591931721_19673.jpg
same bag I had on my 800 in this pic

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts