Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took the plunge, bought a MX helmet. It came witht he Quick Straps, I bought aother set of goggles just in case the yellow is too much for the day time. The only issue is the new ones, Smith Warp Stars don't have QS. I don't want to cut the strap So I may have to see how it works on the helmet with the strap over the QS.

In the last two pics, is the snowmask correct? It goes over the breath guard, right?

[galleryattach=13580]

[galleryattach=13582]

[galleryattach=13583]

[galleryattach=13584]

[galleryattach=13581]

[galleryattach=13586]

[galleryattach=13585]

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm not sure if it's correct, but if you don't mind me asking - why did you get the snowmask? The nose piece already has you covered.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mask came with the goggles.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Yep it goes over the breath box in cold weather but you can take the breath box out when it gets warm.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't wait to try this helmet out> I can defiantly see a different in my vision. I actually have peripheral vision now!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Looks like you have a good setup. You really dont need the mask, but as long as it doesnt interfere with the breathguard I see no problem with it.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
On the goggles they unthread from the side then you thread the QS straps in.

Looks like a nice set up.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They didn't look like they un-trhead. Kinda looked like the strap was formed in the plastic that hold the frames. I'll get pics when I get home of it.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
On my progrips, you have to pull the strap thru the slot. The end of the strap is doubled up and sewn together.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the helmet and QS from a guy at DooTalk and a the second pair from anotyher guy at DT.

My wife hollared at me. She said I worked so hard to get rid of most of the yellow on my sled and then I go and get a yellow helmet. I told to stay in the kitchen, bake my pot pie and leave the sledding decisions to me. Not really the way it went but it sounded good!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
You won't be able to use QS's with the Warps...I ran into that same problem a couple years ago. You shouldn't have much of a problem keeping them on the helmet though.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From what I see they will still be OK over the QS holder. I think I may end up using the Warps more then the Fuels. They have the snow flap and still adjust for night driving. I'm glad I bought a second set. When I tried the yellow goggles on they were really bright. Probably good for night, but I doubt using them in the bright sun.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
How does the snow mask stay in and where did you get it?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I had the same quickstrap problem with my new smith snow piston. Heres a pic of the strap.

[attachment=52690]
[attachment=52691]
[attachment=52689]

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Sharp helmet.

Unless you've used them before, tinted lenses can be annoying at night. I have a pair of Spy goggles with an amber lens and a pair of Oakley goggles with clear, I'll often carry them both with, or just wear the Oakley's.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Has anyone wore the progrip light sensative goggles at night?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts