Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure you're all expecting to see a nice new sled....Sorry already got my sled, my new toy is my NEW helmet cam. This is a Sony Bullet cam, and is the highest resolution Helmet camera, and comes equipped with a High-Gain Microphone. I plan on using the velcrow sleeve to attach it to my helmet, and the flexible stand will mount somewhere on my sled. As soon as I get the chance I'll post some Helmet cam vids on the 800X....

[attachment=47786]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by powersledder
[br]can't wait to see the vids, I've been looking at getting one but they all seemed pretty spendy. How much did that one run you back?
Ya they are kind of pricey, but I had to have one. I shelled out $175. If you get one, be sure your video camera has AV Input. All cameras have AV output, but few have AV input.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
can't wait till the vids start showing up

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by powersledder
[br]so how do you store the video on that one? I mean do you have to carry around a regular camera too or some sort of memory stick?
Good question, how does it store memory?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Rippered, you have got to take that on a race this year !!!!!!! That would me real cool to have a helmet view of what you are seeing ! [8D]

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya, I have to carry around a recording device, I have the Sony DCR-HC90. Hey Ripperd, What resolution is your cam, and how good is the video quality? Just curious what I can expect from mine. Also, do I need additional cords to attach to the camera? Any advice would help, I haven't tried recording yet.

[attachment=47807]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Originally posted by tripplethret
[br]Rippered, you have got to take that on a race this year !!!!!!! That would me real cool to have a helmet view of what you are seeing ! [8D]
I was thinking the same thing. I doubt if you'd be allowed to wear it while racing[?] and if you could I don't know if you'd want to. [;)]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I will probably try. The only problem is if I crash it is toast, or at least the camera is. They would probably let me.

Mine is the cheaper 380line version, so it isn't the greatest.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.