1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
sweet!!! looks good

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Personally i would have gone with a pivot riser if raising the bars that much. With a block it pushes the bars back too far instead of straight up. Id only do like a 2" block style, any longer and its pivot for me. But if the bars are in an ok spot for you, thats all that matters.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
westman995 said:
Personally i would have gone with a pivot riser if raising the bars that much. With a block it pushes the bars back too far instead of straight up. Id only do like a 2" block style, any longer and its pivot for me. But if the bars are in an ok spot for you, thats all that matters.
i wanted pivots just didnt have the money plus these were only $35 brand new...i can always get a pivot adaptor

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
POLARISDOMINATOR said:
westman995 said:
i wanted pivots just didnt have the money plus these were only $35 brand new...i can always get a pivot adaptor
I hear you on that one. Once you add a pivot to it that adds a little more length to it also if you wanted it higher, i dono how tall you are but that would be too much rise for me haha

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I think it looks like too much for that sled, unless your like 6'7" and need to get the bars away from your knees.

Maybe look into updating your seat a little bit now, or else from behind it will look like your riding a chopper. I'm sure you could add a couple inches to balance things.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TRICKPaint said:
I think it looks like too much for that sled, unless your like 6'7" and need to get the bars away from your knees.

Maybe look into updating your seat a little bit now, or else from behind it will look like your riding a chopper. I'm sure you could add a couple inches to balance things.
I ride standing up most of the time due too a bad back

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Looks good but I would be looking for a piviot adapter in the future.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i to would have got a pivot for that high or at least the angled ones.but up to you

·
Registered
448 Posts
looks good, i had a 3" on my ultra and found that it just pushed me to far back on the sled. have you put any miles on it with that set up? if not make sure to check that you are not pulling on the throttle cable when you fully trun to the left or right as those cables look a little tight too me.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
indyultra said:
looks good, i had a 3" on my ultra and found that it just pushed me to far back on the sled. have you put any miles on it with that set up? if not make sure to check that you are not pulling on the throttle cable when you fully trun to the left or right as those cables look a little tight too me.
i thought they were tight too but there not i can get it all the way to the left and right

1 - 11 of 11 Posts