Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,555 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> Looks like the 2003 Harley edition ford will be a crew cab and have the lighting powerplant with the eaton supercharger on it, only with a little less boost from a larger pulley on the charger (which can easily changed to bring it up to spec!). Sounds like something I might look at! [/quote]

i love those! the interior, the gray paint, and the flame pinstripe! very very nice indeed!

When in doubt- Throttle out!

'99 XC SP 500

· Registered
1,555 Posts
you really should put a Superchip in that. i don't recall the exact power gains, but i know it is unbelievable with the power stroke.

'99 XC SP 500

· Registered
1,555 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> I do plan to put a nice BOSE system in the truck, I also plan to put in a propane kit, which will put the damn thing near 750 ft lbs of torque! OH LORD! As for the chip, I am not much for technics in a truck. In a suped up Honda Civic like my cuz's, I would mess with the comp. but not with a truck. Not as much gain as in a car. I also might put on a 4'' SuperFlow Exhaust. yummmmmmm! [/quote]

yeah, on a gas engine truck i wouldn't mess with it stock, but i'm talking about a SUPERCHIPS chip- brand name. this mod has incredible gains for the money! and you don't mess with the computer, they do it for you after you tell them your present mods. it's basically little more than a plug in affair.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> I just checked the chips. Through BD Performance, I can get 35hp and 45ft lbs of torque but the damn thing is 600 bucks! The propane kit is $500 and I get 100+ HP and over 250 ft lbs. The truck hauls our 30ft camper up the hills like I have a cinderblock in the back end. I am going to have to put new tires on it 'cause I smoked em pretty bad last night. I was goin around 7 in reverse and slammed the clutch, put her in 1st and she sqeeked and whined for close to 4 seconds. [/quote]

i've never seen a chip for more than $300, and haven't ever even seen one that high. i think a superchip is around 250 or so. the torque increases like 75 ft lb, and hp 50??????? i know it's a lot of benefit for the money, but am not real sure to what the real stats are.

'99 XC SP 500

· Registered
1,555 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> A chip alone will NOT give you the kind of gains that XC Racer was talking about. They do give gains but not that much. [/quote]

i've seen dyno sheets- two of them. like i said, i'm not sure on my numbers, but i know the torque was up around a 75 ft lb increase. prove me wrong intended, because unless i see way less i won't believe it.

'99 XC SP 500

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.