Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the hood done friday, and on. well not the lights/gauges and made a rear bumper, it's the first time i've ever used a spool gun to weld aluminum, and i'm going to use 1/8th inch plat for a gas rack, and integrate a tunnel extension into it. it's not finished, so here are pics. the welds are pretty crude, so i'll be cleaning them up, and powder coating it red, and black to match hood.. heres a pic of the hood
20107615300246_33315.jpg
and a pic of the bumper.
20107616427840_33315.jpg

i'm still new to all of this, and tools/fab so any advice?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Looks real nice so far. Your doing a great job.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks brian, i cant afford to spend $500 on a paint job, $200 for a bumper, and all that stuff, so i make/do as much as i can. i might cover it with .125" aluminum diamond plate. easy to work with, and i have some left over. I have 8" risers so i may build my seat up a few inches, and cover the top with red 360 degree stretch viny(like what ATV seats/newer sleds have). or swap my fusion seat, and tank on, but thatsa hassle and a half.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Looks great, keep going!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, i'm looking for skis right now. a pair of kimpex arrow skis would be great, or SLP's but they are $$$. So far, i have about 2,500 into it, including sled! some new running boards would be pretty sweet, but they're outta my budget, i think that i'd get light weight trailing arms over running boards. IMO i want to reupholster the seat, but have no idea how to make a cover for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts