Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Friday I traded off my 2000 Sierra 2500 in for my 2007 Sierra Denali. I LOVE this truck, totally better then my last truck in every aspect!

Stats: 345hp/380tq every option but rear slider window.

What I had installed:
Astrostart w/full security, glass sensors, tailgate sensors, etc. Lighted solar moon visor, painted vent visors, stainless bed rails, Line-X spray in liner.

Some pics:

·
Super Moderator
11,277 Posts
Looks awesome skip! 345hp,is that the 5.3L?

·
Super Moderator
11,663 Posts
Very nice...hope you enjoy it! [8D]

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
"She's a beauty Clark"

·
Registered
892 Posts
Nice truck Man!!!

What chassis is the Denali built off of? I am guessing an HD with the 6.0 but is it the 1/2 or 3/4 ton?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Nice truck, but that 6.0L is the biggest pile of crap ever made for pulling. Even better for just driving. I hope you like getting 10-12 mpg. But it looks like you should have plenty of gas money to spend if you can afford an 07 truck and an 07 sled. Just my .02.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yeah, I have the 6.0 in my HD and the gas milage sucks. If I am not mistaken with the new 6.0 Max they have displacement on demand so the gas milage will be better.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Nice truck, very bling!! Gotta love the creature comforts!

That being said, I could never have a truck like that!! It wouldn't last one fall in my hands!!

My current truck is F250 XL with the vinyl floor mat, bench seat etc etc. I tack way to much mud in for leather. I also have more scratches and dings than I care to mention from sticks, branches, my dog and so on.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by bigrok
[br]Nice truck, but that 6.0L is the biggest pile of crap ever made for pulling. Even better for just driving. I hope you like getting 10-12 mpg. But it looks like you should have plenty of gas money to spend if you can afford an 07 truck and an 07 sled. Just my .02.
You know this post says alot about you. I don't remember reading any other post you've made but after this one, you'll be remembered. You'll be remembered as the jealous guy that took the wrong turn in life and must pick others apart with more money because of the choices you made. Your 2 cents meant absolutely nothing.

Very nice truck skip!! Yes it is a gas hog but the power makes up for it.[}:)]

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Nice truck, I've driven the 2006 Silverado Vortec MAX with the 6.0L and they do haul a$$. I believe the EPA Rating on the New 2007 Silverado with the 6.0L and Displacement On Demand is 16/20 iirc.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Originally posted by GotMud
[br]
Originally posted by bigrok
[br]Nice truck, but that 6.0L is the biggest pile of crap ever made for pulling. Even better for just driving. I hope you like getting 10-12 mpg. But it looks like you should have plenty of gas money to spend if you can afford an 07 truck and an 07 sled. Just my .02.
You know this post says alot about you. I don't remember reading any other post you've made but after this one, you'll be remembered. You'll be remembered as the jealous guy that took the wrong turn in life and must pick others apart with more money because of the choices you made. Your 2 cents meant absolutely nothing.

Very nice truck skip!! Yes it is a gas hog but the power makes up for it.[}:)]
You are right, I am jealous. I wish I could afford a new truck. But I can't, so I won't. I'd like to know what you mean by wrong turn in life.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Weve had a couple of those bad boys, cant beat the looks you get in them. but millage is the balls, but that dont really matter its too kooooooool! Sweet truck skip.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Awesome truck, I tried to buy the other 20's GM offers but I couldn't justify the grand they want used. Love that Denali.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the compliments, those of you that think you know about the 6.0s and have never owned one for some time really have no where to talk. The last 2 years I drove daily a 2000 Sierra 6.0 2500 4x4. That pulled 10mpg all day long, with a load or not, it sucked! It pulled sleds awesomely and cars w/o problem, plenty of power for cruising and passing and whatnot with a load.

This 6.0Max is much different! It has way more snort then the standard 6.0, and gets much better mileage. I have had for for 6 days and have racked up 992 miles as it sits, another 600 this weekend. I put a K&N air filter in last night, here are the numbers I am seeing:

Averages:

STOCK:
HWY 66mph = 15.8mpg
HWY 55mph = 16.9mpg
City = 14.8mpg

After K&N:
HWY 66mph = 16.7
HWY 55mph = 17.9 hitting the 18s and 19s too, depends on wind.
City = 15.6 thus far, not much city driving yet.

The EPA sticker rating says 14/17. 16/20 is the 5.3L

I am loving every moment in the truck, a bit wind noisy with the moon visor, but to be expected, that's where the Bose comes in handy!

-Skip

1 - 20 of 31 Posts