Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is, when I pick it up next week it will get the bed liner, mud flaps and maybe some bushwacker fender flares. It has 54,000km, rubber floor (which I love!) It`s an SLE, so basically the same as my 03 except the floor and diesel. I paid $30,000, not a bad deal I`d say.

20107222026514_1884.jpg
201072220229889_1884.jpg
201072220244608_1884.jpg
2010722203245_1884.jpg

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
That is a really good deal if you ask me, I would have jumped all over that one as well if I was you.

Now all you need to do is chip it for the added fuel milage.

EDIT Is that an SMP decal in the back window?

I think I know that truck, I drive by it about twice a day with work. Is it in Saskatoon?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Very nice truck for work. Has the rubber floor so it is easy to clean out. Has the extended cab so there is room for your lunch box, paperwork, safety gear, and insulated carhartts. It would look good with a diamond plate aluminum toolbox. In the off season it will serve you well for snowmobiling trips as well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
ZRT600 said:
Here it is, when I pick it up next week it will get the bed liner, mud flaps and maybe some bushwacker fender flares. It has 54,000km, rubber floor (which I love!) It`s an SLE, so basically the same as my 03 except the floor and diesel. I paid $30,000, not a bad deal I`d say.

20107222026514_1884.jpg
201072220229889_1884.jpg
201072220244608_1884.jpg
2010722203245_1884.jpg
Love the truck.
That is pretty much the truck i want

BTW..for a bed liner i would invest in Rhino lining...

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
driftpounder said:
That is a really good deal if you ask me, I would have jumped all over that one as well if I was you.

Now all you need to do is chip it for the added fuel milage.

EDIT Is that an SMP decal in the back window?

I think I know that truck, I drive by it about twice a day with work. Is it in Saskatoon?
Yepp thats SMP, if you look at it, the bumper has some scratches. But not a big deal, it's a truck and not a highway baby, my first weekend home it's probably going 60km off highway to camp.

What are you doing out here for work?

·
Registered
863 Posts
lookin sharp!
should do the job for ya

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Not bad for a Dirty Max. Nah just kidding. Looks nice. At least it's a diesel. Is this your first diesel?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is my first diesel, I got it over a Dodge because I've been hearing bad things about the Dodge tranny, one guy at work has a stock one and has rebuild his tranny 3 times in about 500,000km. I am a heavy equipment mechanic, so I spend a lot of time around diesels. So nothing really new for me. Once I get it all set up I'll have to post more pic's, and of course the chip, thinking the edge.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Stock Tranny:
Allison is WAY better than the 48re (Dodge Auto)

Built Tranny:
48re is WAY better than an Allison

I've heard of a lot of guys that race and truck pull with their D-Max's that swap in the 48re that's been built and take out their Allison. So who knows. I think it's got something to do with the 6 speed vs the 4 speed. The 6 speed has too much flex in the shafts or something???? Somethings got to give out once you start putting power to it. That's why I got a manual so all I have to worry about is the clutch.

Welcome to the diesel owners club!!!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I can't wait to pick it up!

I've heard that about the tranny's to, not to sure what mine can handle power wise. I don't really want to be changing tranny's any time soon. I'll have to do some research to find out, then MORE POWER! lol

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Go to duramaxforum.com and start reading. They will tell you everything and anything you wanted to know about your truck and some things you didn't want to know. I did that on cumminsforum and I got addicted. Maybe for the sake of your wallet, you shouldn't go read there. I sold my sled to buy things for my truck (among other reasons).

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
ZRT600 said:
Thanks, I can't wait to pick it up!

I've heard that about the tranny's to, not to sure what mine can handle power wise. I don't really want to be changing tranny's any time soon. I'll have to do some research to find out, then MORE POWER! lol
brotherinlaw has the T1000 Allison and has the edge programmer and has had no problems running on stage 5 pulling 30-50ft camper trailer's/boats/whatever he needs to, (he does insurance recking) however you have to be careful you dont roach a piston at that kinda power, and that truck should still have warranty on it.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Nice looking truck. I saw that you picked it over a Dodge. Why not get a Ford? IMO, they have the best chassis and tranny, and with some money it can have the best motor unless you get a 7.3.

The one thing i like about the Dmax, its built about 25 minutes from me. I usually pass the plant once or twice a week.

·
Registered
584 Posts
yah get efi live or an edge juice programer, i am very jealous!! [thumb] you got my dream truck right there! time for some stacks! haha

·
Registered
863 Posts
fox440 said:
yah get efi live or an edge juice programer, i am very jealous!! [thumb] you got my dream truck right there! time for some stacks! haha
everyone's got stacks these days!
if you do go with stacks, get the hockey sticks. don't see them very often.
i personally would just go with a nice 5" mbrp turbo back and slap a big tip on the end of it!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Nice truck! My next truck will have a D-Max in it for sure! The 6.0 gas motor that's in my 2000 Silverado is killing me on gas mileage! Plus you just can't beat a Diesel. Sounds like you gotta good deal also.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Nice purchase! I'm very jealous. Everybody has been talking about EFI Live, Edge chips, stacks (for the love of god don't do that), but nobody has said anything about the tires. I personally would ditch the stock 235s and go with some 285s. They really improve the way the truck looks. However, if you are planning on doing alot of pulling with the truck, then keep the 235s as they are a tire made for pulling. Especially if you decide to put the bushwacker flares, they are going to look funny guarding the 235 tires haha. I know guys that have ran both the EFI Live and the Edge chips so if you want some feedback let me know. Enjoy the truck and keep us posted on what you do to it.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
fox440 said:
I'm begging you....PLEASE DON'T PUT STACKS ON IT!!! Everybody does it and it looks hideous. The guys that do that are city boys and don't use their truck the way it's designed to do. I haven't seen a good looking truck with stacks yet.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts