Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Manco Dingo, it goes about 25 MPH. They say if you take the governor off it will go close to 50 MPH. I understand what a governor does, but I don't what where it is, what it looks like, or how to remove it. Please help, I need speed!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
what is a manco dingo?look at where you throttle cable is on your carb there coulbe be a set screw that stops that linkage from opening all the way..

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
yeah whats a manco dingo??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by ken420
[br]what is a manco dingo?look at where you throttle cable is on your carb there coulbe be a set screw that stops that linkage from opening all the way..

http://www.equipment-outlet.com/manco_285b.htm

That is a Manco Dingo. Can you maybe draw something up, or take a picture? I don'y have a lot of expirience with this sort of thing.

BTW we got some snow tonight and I was out there using it on the streets, it is SO much fun!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
sorry but i cant take you a picture because i dont have any thing with a govoner on it and drawing a picture would be usless too because i dont know what your carb set-up looks like on that..ok have someone sit inside the cart and pump the gas while you are looking at the carb,notice where the trottle cable is moving on the carb,watch it move,once the gas pedal is to the floor look at where it connects to the carb and see what is making it bottom out,im guessing there is just a screw that stops the connection from opening all the way.i hope this helps you out a little

1 - 5 of 5 Posts