Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating getting GPS to use while out on the sled and wondering what a good one to look at would be and why. I don't currently need one so I've got time to shop. I got a sled that I will be comfortable with taking out of state for rides, and thought this would be a good idea for the trips. Thank you in advance for any input.

·
Registered
369 Posts
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/115319/display.aspx

Should help, I posted a similar topic.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Delorme PN-40 or the new PN-60 would be my choice for a true multi-use GPS. Steeper learning curve than some of the others but with the included Topo north America software it is 10x more powerful and useful than any other out there. You get all the roads, points of interest, color topo maps, b/w and color imagery, USGS topo quads, and now they can do trail routing just like creating a route for your car on the road. The only drawback is the pre-made sled maps may need to be reformatted to work properly, there a plenty of people on the delorme forum that can help you with that. The other option is to purchase a program called X-Map ($99) that allows you to scan in your own local maps and images and use them on your GPS.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Go to Dootalk.com
Then scroll down through all of the different forums til you come to the "GPS" forum. Tons of ideas, opinions, and suggestions there. Lots of trail info too. Personally I recommend Garmin. There are dozens to choose from in any make though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts