Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Graphics

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  tonyisnt 
#1 ·
What are you guys' opinions on stock graphic sets? I've seen that a LOT of you guys have visual mods done to your sleds beyond just different colored accesories, so I'm assuming I'm not alone in my thoughts that the OEM stickers sometimes are just too much. Anymore it seems like every square inch of plastic needs to be covered up with some kind of "cool" looking thing.

Today I started to tear some of mine off....I would have kept going but it got dark and currently I can't get the thing indoors to work on. It's a 2002 MXZ X 800 in the yellow/black option offered that year. I pretty much got the idea back a few years when my cousin tore all of his off on his XC SP except for the XC sticker. That same year (earlier in the year, actually) we saw a few guys on the trails with all black MXZ's and 2 or 3 of them had only the MXZ sticker and the cc sticker. That's basically what I plan on doing, but I might leave a few of the stock ones.

This is basically what I'm going for...

I'll post pictures of my own when I get done.

See less See more
#4 ·
Haha, yeah...

Here's one I found in the media gallery. I don't know who's sled it is so I hope he doesn't mind me doing an edit...

I'm undecided still on the long checkered thing above "MXZ." I might leave it, I might take it off. If I take it off I'll probably leave the smaller ones right around the center vent, though. The only ones I have off so far are the "DPM" stickers by the windshild (covered by the Amsoil pictre above) and the long checkered thing below "MXZ." I think the next to come off will be the ones at the very front to either size of the Bombardier badge.

#5 ·
keep it simple, I love the black. Deffinatly change the wind shield, the checkers dont look good in my opinion.

#7 ·
If it were my sled I would do something along these lines.
[attachment=53499]

Attachments

#8 ·
Maybe I didn't make it clear...that isn't my sled. My sled is like the yellow/black one. I only edited these pictures as to show what stickers I planned on leaving. I have a stock colored windsheild on mine right now, but a completely NOT fitting orange headlight frame. My dad has the stock yellow one and I'm going to get it from him soon.

I got most of them off, but I might still take the ones around the center vent off as well as a few MBRP stickers my dad put on it. I don't mind them, but if I am going to have them on there i'd like them in a differnet place.

I'll try and put up a few pictures tomorrow when I clean er up.

Another thing I thought about doing is putting some yellow vents in under the black part of the hood. My dad has SO much stuff that he might have some yellow ones in his garage somewhere...if not I suppose I could paint them.

#9 ·
post what pics you ahve of it so we can see what youve done. if it were me i would leave the graphics stock take the cheild off or ptu a low chrome one on it and put some fly basr with black sportech handguards on it

#10 ·
It needs to be cleaned up (some of the sticker junk is still on there) but you can get an idea from these...
I like it.
(Yes, I DO realize there is an 05 trail permit on there...)

The MBRP stickers MIGHT stay, but I'm not sure. The graphics around the middle vent might go, but I'm not sure on that, either.
This sled used to be my dad's...I'm getting the stock headlight frame that's yellow back from him in a few days and I'm putting the lower stock windsheild back on it, too. Bars are fine how they are for me, but I am possibly thinking about another 2 inch rise or so....we'll see.

#11 ·
i'd say leave the stock graphics on but the after market ones gotta go i think. and the state license numbers look bad if you got some yellow ones and put them on the black that would be sweet.

#12 ·
I'm not sure on Michigans laws with custom registration numbers. Everything I've read says something along the lines of....

"Place the supplied sticker on the front half of the snowmobile on the cowl above the footwells."

Basically, I'm under the impression you have to use the ones you buy. But I agree...they look like garbage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.