Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woundering if the new graphite hyfax are worth the money? Dealer sayes getting 2-3 times longer wear. Anybody tried them, what do you think?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
tried them. Never got 2-3 times wear. Lasted about the same time. I run in alot of sand country so I dontthink anything will last longer. Usually get 2-3000 miles.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
My dad tried some with the graphite inserts like in 92' and they didn't seem to last any longer than regular ones. I read an article a while back in a magazine and it said that the white and colored ones wore out faster than black ones, I kinda call BS on that. if they are gonna wear out theyre gonna wear out. Track tension and riding conditions and how many idler wheels you have are the main factors in wear.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I used to run the colored ones. They do actually do last less. Due to the coloring additives they put in the plastic. The black is harder!

·
Registered
383 Posts
My dad tried some with the graphite inserts like in 92' and they didn't seem to last any longer than regular ones. I read an article a while back in a magazine and it said that the white and colored ones wore out faster than black ones, I kinda call BS on that. if they are gonna wear out theyre gonna wear out. Track tension and riding conditions and how many idler wheels you have are the main factors in wear.
I've only ever had white ones, and I've read from a number of sources that they last the longest. ANY colors (including black) are the result of adding things to the plastic, and that causes them to wear down more quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts