Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Viper doesn't seem that much faster then it was last year. Think the gearing was a bad setup for what we ran today. ALso think everyone else also improved so can't judge by them. Took me 3 runs to not be scared to death when I went. First run I left off 2 times down the strip and 3rd I blasted 4 other sleds like they didn't exist and won big time. The Viper was radared at 77MPH in 500 feet. The only sleds taht ran faster were 2 ZR 800s. A 2001 that ran 84mph(heavily worked and beat everythere there by at least 2 sleds each time). And my uncle's which ran 89MPH with my cousin who weighs about 150 on it. I bet the Viper was running 80 or so when I rode it but they didn't radar those times. My best time they told me was a 6.44 in the 600 foot but I think there were much better. There was a Pro-X 700 there today too. A guy we ride with got one. It was interesting. Took a while till it came to life. Being its first timeout and all. They put a standard polaris clutch with helix and spring off a 2002 XC 600 on it and the guy said it felt better. He is most liklely gonna go with a single pipe and clutch kit. It got faster through the day though. One thing Polaris-Man may want to note is that he said you don't get a freaking service manual with the sled! You have to buy it seperate! Found that to be quite screwed up. Also said that the manual is on backorder so he still doesn't have one.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I understand the Pro-X 700 was still getting the engine broken-in, but how well did it do in the races?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
No service manual.

Jerks, Oh well..

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It did pretty well. Of course it got better as it went. It wasn't beating the 2002 XC 700 there but that was clutched and broken in. By the end of the day it was pulling through the 500 foot pretty well and beating the 600s. And yeah Polaris is being pretty dumb not sending a service manual.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:
Polaris is being pretty dumb not sending a service manual.

[/quote]

Yeah that is retarted, But I bet if you had a decent dealer, and you went in there and bitched enough you could get yourself one.

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts