Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[:D]well, i can see winter is just around the corner...which means grass drags are too![8D]

i have a 1976 mecury trail twister 340 fan, and pure stock...what can i do do get it ready...

also, would it still be considered stock if i changed it's chassie? i have a 1974 merc sno-twister chassie which i use for parts, but it is in better shape than my current T/T. i would only be changing the bellypan and tunnel...is this legal?

thanks[:D]

·
Registered
506 Posts
it's illegal by ISR, but the odds of the tech guys knowing or checking are slim to none, so unless you run against someone that knows those machines, you may be able to get away with it

·
Registered
506 Posts
definatly

but guys running vintage sleds don't seem to care about cheating the same way the guys running newer stuff do..

my dad once got beat in the 400 vintage sled class by a sled he later found out was a 650, he didn't actually cvare much, they're mostly just out to have a good time and meet new people

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just to add, the two chassies are IDENTICAL...ecept stickers
so are the hoods, but the only difference is the 1974 snow twister was free-air and has small air scoop under the belly pan

i just rode it aroudn today and had 10x better acceleration than my 1990 prowler

·
Registered
506 Posts
technically still illegal, but short of running the serial numbers on it....

I dunno, maybe ask the tech guy at your race if it's ok, swapping chassis and motor's isn't legal tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts