Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever been in a grass or pavement drag race? It sound like fun. I love to drag race!

Erick..."Driving slow is a waste of life insurance."

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I haven't.

"If I close my mind in fear, please pry it open" - Metallica

G

·
0 Posts
I have been grass draggin' Ski-Doo's for quite some time. You should really give it a try. Enter a trail stock class at a local grass drag.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds like fun. I barely ever have my snowmobile out in the summer.

Erick..."Driving slow is a waste of life insurance."

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, the police couse too many problems, well, maby enot the police but the DNR, I personally can't stand them but I am not here to offend anyone if you are one.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I was thinking of doing some grass drags this summer, but I heard it was damn hard on studs. I don't feel like taking them out so, I don't think I will.

·
Registered
13 Posts
have you ever tried riding across water? it was scary at first. just lean way back choke the throttle and let her rip.DONT LEAN FORWARD AND DONT LET OFF!

THINK SNOW

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Been over water quite a few times. That is fun.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been over water, I have been under water.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I haven't personally been under water, just my friend. I was there though and it isn't fun. My heart almost stopped when I saw the poor snowmobile sink into the depths of the icy cold water. It was only like 4 feet deep, just the top of the winshield showed. When it went down, water got on the belt, it reved up, then sputtered away and died as the water choked the motor for air and took its life. We got it hauled out of there, around all the ice chunks, freezing cold. Then we got it home and were frozen, then started working on it. Just cleaned out the carbs, got new gas and oil, and drained the engine via the plug on the bottom. It started up right away but sputtered for a while to begin with. That was the first time we had had it out that winter and it ran the rest of the winter just fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i got a buddy that went threw the ice during an ice festival. now for the real kicker he was riding just off the path where the trucks were driving.go figure.

when hell freezes over we'll ride there to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts