Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there from the New England area? well this sunday, Oct. 19th there will be grass drags in Terryville CT. Its fun stuff, I've been going to them since I remember. This time, I putting my sled through the paces. Anyone else gonna be thinking about racing their sled there? Its exit 39 off Rt. 8 north, follow the signs to the fair ground, and its the Rt. 6 exit off I-84, stay on Rt. 6 though Bristol into Terryville, and follow the signs from there. I've been there in the past and it draws people from all over New England, I'll be running in the Improved Stock class, I got a 98 XC 700 with mods. if anyone else is gonna be there, let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm in Shelton (30 minutes down route 8 from bristol) I am interested. What times are the races? All day/night event?

Ray

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be there @ about 9:30 in the morning, I'll be racing in the 700 Improved Stock class, I have a 98 XC 700 with V-force 3 reed sticker and Wisco piston sticker on the hood. If your there, and ya wanna find me, look for a black chevy blazer with a red single place trailer behind it, thats my rig. If ya want some info, call 860-283-5538. You'll need a teathercord kill switch, I'm putting one on my sled tonight, a helmet, and something to cool the sled down, I'm to cheap to buy a cool cart, so what I do is I save the old cool whip containers and freeze water in them, then, once they are frozen, I take a 1 inch diamater drill bit, drill out the center of the iceblock. After the run, all I do is take the plug caps off, and slide the block of ice over the sparkpugs, hope to cya there. What sled do you have?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Wow that sounds like fun, i might be able to run down there, im in East Windsor, not sure how far it is but sounds like fun to me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
88400--I think it would take you about 45 minutes or so to get to bristol.

lifttillithurts--I think I may have come across the wrong way. I don't plan to run my sled there, but I would love to watch. Sunday's weather looks good so far! I will definatly look for ya if I show...I'll just follow the "rooster tail" of grass and I am sure I'll find you there! Good luck to ya.

Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts