Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the good news. I replaced my voltage regulator on my Indy500 EFI and took care of my dim lights on start up problem. The bad news. When I started the sled I notice gray sludge droplets collecting on the trailer floor. Some back ground. I have not actually ridden the sled since the middle of December. Only started it up and Idled it on the trailer every now and then. Could this be from excessive moisture built up in the engine? Maybe from not taking it out and getting the engine nice and hot & the rpms nice and high? What do you think?

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
It could be when oil and water mix this is the result, a greyish looking liquid... This is one of the first indications of a blown head gasket too, but I don't want to alarm you. Just take a compression check and make sure it's all good. Also you could be getting a coolant leak from the base gasket, so watch your coolant level and this will also give you an indication of what's going on. If the compression is good, just run it a tad longer or take it out for a spin.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
sounds like oil and water, if it doesn't go away after a good little rip you may have a problem. Could just be moisture in the pipe with residual oil. Are you sure its coming out the pipe? Check your chaincase for leaks.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
sounds like oil and water, if it doesn't go away after a good little rip you may have a problem. Could just be moisture in the pipe with residual oil. Are you sure its coming out the pipe? Check your chaincase for leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts