Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a apex went 2 grease it I did not find and grease zerts by the jackshaft. On every other sled that I have owned there was one under the secondarey. Help me please

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Check in the owners manual to see if that is supposed to be greased. Maybe it has a sealed bearing or something.

·
Registered
567 Posts
i have the same problem on the rx1 pretty sure it doesnt have one

·
Registered
353 Posts
There are no zerk fittings on the jackshaft bearing or driveshaft bearing. However, if you are careful, you can service them.

I repacked every idler bearing in my rear suspension and the jackshaft bearing and driveshaft bearing.

You will need a cheapie kit of dental type picks from Harbor Freight. The rubber bearing seals easily pop off and back on with one of these picks. With the cover off you can use a needle adapter to inject grease into the bearing races and then reinstall the rubber seal.

If you do this at least once a year, your bearings will last a really long time. The rubber seals don't do a good job of keeping moisture out of the bearings. All of mine had moisture in them except for the jackshaft bearing. That one sits up pretty high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts