Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you use on your sled.

On my suspension linkages, I use the white winter grease stuff. On all idler wheels I use Esso Performance grease, which isn't as light as winter grease, but not as heavy as all purpose farm grease. I use the white winter stuff on my spindles too. I use the Performance stuff on my drive and jack shafts.

What do you use? (Esso Performance = red)

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I use Black graphite grease on everything. When I tear down my suspension the graphite is like a teflon coating on the shafts. Its hard to wipe off. Which tells me its working!!!

Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I just use the Farm grease, it's Lithium. I'm sure there is better stuff then this though.

Let it snow!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Low temp grease (from VIP) on all suspension fittings, front and back. Hi temp grease (Valvoline or something) on the jack and drive shaft. Klotz synthetic gear case oil, and Amsoil synthetic injector oil.

1997 XLT SP 600

Edited by - Tfin70 on 21 Feb 2002 14:04:09

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
high temp on the jackshaft and drive shaft, low temp white on all steering and suspension components, and synthetic oil in the chaincase, little more pricey, but always have had good luck with it.

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Amsoil Synthetic Racing Grease. Great Stuff!!! I use it on the sled and my MX race bike

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I use the official "Polaris" grease. Sure it is expensive, and yes im probably getting ripped off, But i waste money on many other things so i figure the extra $5 i spend on this may be a rip off, but hey, i have spent my money in more stupid ways than this. And who knows mabye the grease is better i dont know (actually i doubt it is any better), but better be safe than sorry imo.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i have bout 3 grease guns, i live on a farm, we buy grease by the box w/ about 10 tubes of grease in a box, this is farm grease, high temp or whatever, itll work for my sled, i know ppl that have greased their sled once and havent had stuff go out on it.

Ready to Ride...NEED SNOW!!!!!!...if you have snow, i hate you...

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live on a farm too. We buy lots of grease, it's blue stuff from esso.

I don't use that on my sled tho.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

As the guards bring me out to the courtyard, Somebody crys from a cell "God be with you" If theres a god then why does he let me die?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts