Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's A home made drag that does pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmIaYE-LYGQ



Also, here is the other thread that has expired, but it has a good bit of info in it.
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/113500/display.aspx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
TRICKPaint said:
Here's A home made drag that does pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmIaYE-LYGQ



Also, here is the other thread that has expired, but it has a good bit of info in it.
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/113500/display.aspx
that is a sweet groomer.... i am making one this winter as well, i think that this groomer is the perfect groomer, it is nice and lite, fits my trails ( i maintain trails maximum 6 feet) the only thing i would improve would be an electric jack for the height adjustment....[thumb]
 
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
turbonator said:
TRICKPaint said:
Here's A home made drag that does pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmIaYE-LYGQ



Also, here is the other thread that has expired, but it has a good bit of info in it.
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/113500/display.aspx


Look at 1:19 - he's not even covering his tracks. [Disappointed]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
turbonator said:
TRICKPaint said:
Here's A home made drag that does pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmIaYE-LYGQ



Also, here is the other thread that has expired, but it has a good bit of info in it.
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/113500/display.aspx
that is a sweet groomer.... i am making one this winter as well, i think that this groomer is the perfect groomer, it is nice and lite, fits my trails ( i maintain trails maximum 6 feet) the only thing i would improve would be an electric jack for the height adjustment....[thumb]
I'm also putting a little drag together. I have got a few ideas from the clips I have found on you-tube.
It's all on paper so far, but hope to start on it soon. My drawings are more complex then what I think the final product will be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,429 Posts
MakingTheWinterGoByFaster said:
turbonator said:
TRICKPaint said:
Here's A home made drag that does pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmIaYE-LYGQ



Also, here is the other thread that has expired, but it has a good bit of info in it.
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/113500/display.aspx


Look at 1:19 - he's not even covering his tracks. [Disappointed]
There always has to be someone with a negative comment doesn't there...

I think it looks like it works pretty good. Looks like a pretty easy build. It will be cool to see how yours turns out TRICK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I would like to build one for grooming crosscountry ski trails. You should publish specs or sell them. I would certainly buy them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hogdoctor said:
I would like to build one for grooming crosscountry ski trails. You should publish specs or sell them. I would certainly buy them.
I have thought about making a X-country ski adaption for mine because I like to cross country ski also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
buckfever said:
MakingTheWinterGoByFaster said:
turbonator said:
TRICKPaint said:
Here's A home made drag that does pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmIaYE-LYGQ



Also, here is the other thread that has expired, but it has a good bit of info in it.
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/113500/display.aspx


Look at 1:19 - he's not even covering his tracks. [Disappointed]
There always has to be someone with a negative comment doesn't there...

I think it looks like it works pretty good. Looks like a pretty easy build. It will be cool to see how yours turns out TRICK.

Heres the little computer drawing I did of what I had in mind, but I think I will make it much more simple.
View attachment 201011219024578_14169.bmp
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will be running these trails this Winter. They really do a good job on their trails up there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOpxnhoEpec
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These things do an 'OK job for what little if anything you would have in them!?...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgNJOi0P2Bc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
The not compacting problem could be easily addressed, simply put some heavy rocks on them. thats really not a bad idea, as i have an old mattress frame we use for cleaning up our driveway to smooth it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Empire087 said:
The not compacting problem could be easily addressed, simply put some heavy rocks on them. thats really not a bad idea, as i have an old mattress frame we use for cleaning up our driveway to smooth it out.
On the one I'm building to put the final finish on, it will have a horse stall mat attached on the very rear of the drag. They are pretty heavy. I'm going to guess a little over 100 lbs. they are about 4' X 6' and @3/4' thick.

In my plans a few posts above I include a rack (2 strips of angle iron on the middle/rear) to hold cinder block for extra weight. I don't know if it will be needed though?!

Empire087 said:
The not compacting problem could be easily addressed, simply put some heavy rocks on them. thats really not a bad idea, as i have an old mattress frame we use for cleaning up our driveway to smooth it out.
Put cinder block on it then you can use motorcycle straps to strap them down, sense the block has two square open spaces in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
ive never really rode on groomed trails . so i guess im asking why? to prevent mogels from forming ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bringurthunder said:
ive never really rode on groomed trails . so i guess im asking why? to prevent mogels from forming ?
Good question if you have never taken your machine down a groomed trail before...

There are a lot of different reasons. I really hope one of the guys who grooms on here can give you a more official answer.
You will pack the frost into the ground and to help preserve your trail. Your carbides hook up on a packed trail and allow you to rip through corners like your on rails.
There are a ton more reasons including safety and respect for land,property, etc...

Like I said, hope a groomer guy jumps in and adds to what I mentioned or corrects me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
ah ok ya were i ride we dont have groomed trails its kinda a guy breaks trail to get to the bowls and hills and its free for all after that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bringurthunder said:
ah ok ya were i ride we dont have groomed trails its kinda a guy breaks trail to get to the bowls and hills and its free for all after that
Sorta' what I figured. I love riding off trail also when geography and conditions allow. Trail riding can be really fun though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
My dad built a really nice drag a few years ago for a rare "manawa" groomer. It worked pretty good but then we just bought a polaris widetrack and added an electric motor to lower and higher the blades or plow of the drag. Its a really nice set up for homemade and its one of my dads hobbys. We have lots of little trails around our property and we make hard pact dragstrips up one of our fields and let it freeze over night. Its fun until you get stuck going up a big hill in some fresh snow. 2010116103755765_27754.jpg
201011610380718_27754.jpg
201011610384953_27754.jpg
201011610389562_27754.jpg
2010116103814359_27754.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[thumb]^^^That's pretty slick! You will have to get some video of it in use and show what kind of ribbon it lays out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
TRICKPaint said:
bringurthunder said:
ah ok ya were i ride we dont have groomed trails its kinda a guy breaks trail to get to the bowls and hills and its free for all after that
Sorta' what I figured. I love riding off trail also when geography and conditions allow. Trail riding can be really fun though.
i would like to see what a groomed trails like for cornering and what not .
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top