Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if many here have seen the prototype Ford GT40, released at the Detroit Auto Show. Anyway, Ford has decided to build it despite $$$ cuts. 5.4 supercharged mid-engined supercar! Too bad it'll go for over $100,000, but it ought to easily whip Z06's and possibly new Vipers. Anyway, it looks just like the 60's GT40's. I'll try to link some pics later.

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
heard that a week or two ago I think. Its nice but I don't like the styling. I mean it looks like exactly like the 60s car. They couldn't update it a little bit?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here they are- http://www.stangnet.com/shows/gt40/pics/indexpage1.htm

something like that doesn't need any updates. it would be like painting red hair on the mona lisa ;)

just to think though. ford has this, it's new cobra, the mercury marauder, lightning, t-bird, and possibly tonka truck. times couldn't get any better (except the $$$ situation)

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
for that price it should whip a drag car!! j/k i think that some one should make like a 57 corvette or an old willys or a t-bucket, brand new. just upgrade suspension and the motor, pretty much make everything modern execpt the body. i think that would be sharp....

1992 arctic cat jag deluxe
1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I am surprised. I didn't think they would actually go through with it. Maybe they decided to because lots of buyers would enjoy the classic-car-look. With all the trends of super futuristic car concepts, i think alot of people would like a great performer with an oldies concept to sort of get away from all these strange new concepts. I think that car may be more appealing to buyers this way. However, i think they should put the price more towards that of the Corvette or base Viper.
For a $100,000 , i'd rather get a Ferrari. IMO.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
the gt 40 has been around for about 5 years now just never available as production. when it first came out if you wanted it it was special build at 430,000. i had the inside info on those cars before they were even released. My grandfather was vice prez of ford motor company and part owner of kodak. infact all the models he had were donated by myself to the smithsonian institute. including the 21,000 jazz albums

bobby

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Bobinwi:
one more thing just wait for the mach 3

[/quote]

c'mon bob, let us in on this.... or just pm me and let me in on it :)

i also think it should be priced to compete with a viper or vette, but a brand new ferrari for 100k would get smoked by the gt40. now give me a modena and then we'll talk ;)

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ford is producing this car to compete in the high performance car industry. Ford really hasn't had a car in this catagory for a long time and they need to make money somewhere, and this is the best place, rich people with more money than they know what to do with.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
thats a baaad ass car

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
i fling poo [/quote]

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i cant fill ya in too much as i dont know all the info on it. but ford does have a nice little secret up their sleeve called the Mach 3.before my grandfather died he was working on that project. and did give me a bit of info on it. its gonna be a true muscle car again. Basically taken after the mach 1 but with double the HP! it will have a suspension unlike any other ford car produced. but will also have the price tag to go with it. but im not sure what they are doing on that project anymore. My grandfather died in 99 and thats the last ive heard about that car. My grandfather had his hands on the project of the gt40.

bobby

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
man I should build up my dad's firebird but that would take getting it off of his hands. He loves that car too much to let me work on it.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Bobinwi:
i cant fill ya in too much as i dont know all the info on it. but ford does have a nice little secret up their sleeve called the Mach 3.before my grandfather died he was working on that project. and did give me a bit of info on it. its gonna be a true muscle car again. Basically taken after the mach 1 but with double the HP! it will have a suspension unlike any other ford car produced. but will also have the price tag to go with it. but im not sure what they are doing on that project anymore. My grandfather died in 99 and thats the last ive heard about that car. My grandfather had his hands on the project of the gt40.

bobby

[/quote]

that's really cool. i was reading on another forum last night about ford going to make the mustang fwd with a 2.0 liter four, supposedly written by j mays and art hyde. it was pretty good for a laugh. hopefully they keep some sense in their heads and build these true mucsle/super cars once again.

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

1 - 14 of 14 Posts