Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Arctic Cat 05' F5. while running it today i noticed that the tachometer, headlight, tail light, as well as heated hand warmers stopped working, the Tachometer was off for some time then would turn on and off, over a doezen times, the sled ran fine except when it first happened and when i let it idel once, it sounded like the sled was going to die out, but other then that it ran fine without the tachometer on and such. I have no idea what this problem could be, i've checked for a short, everything seems to be fine. i can't really run it without the lights working, but the sled ran fine when everything stopped working.....except those two times, any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
fixed the problem, easy fix, voltage regulator was the problem, replaced it and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
122 Posts
had the same problem 2 years ago. except the sled blew many regulators until it finally blew the stator to pieces and trashed the flywheel.
scoffta said:
fixed the problem, easy fix, voltage regulator was the problem, replaced it and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Input, if i do go through another regulator i'll be sure to change out the stator, better to have paid more now, for less damage later

·
Registered
122 Posts
yea true. if it starts blowing a bunch of regulators, check it out...i had the 2 screws that hold the stator down back themselves out until they sheared right off and blew the thing to bits....cost me 300 bucks for a new stator and flywheel... but thats not too common.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Rare scenario I would say. If your problem continues changing the entire stator may not be required, it may just be the lighting coil on the stator. Had to change one of those on my old 650. Exact same symptoms as you described.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts