Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys think it's worth it for me to get the guages for the triple at this sight, you think its a good price.
http://www.royaldistributing.com/servlet/MiddleRedirect?cat=null&page=227.html

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Always a good idea to have an EGT gauge on a triple/triple. It will tell you right where you are at on your jetting for maximum performance tuning. That's about the going price.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
what was there price the link did not load for me. i could get you a set of digitron i think the model number is 56 havent got my new catolog yet, last year my price was like 450-500 with probes, that gauge gives play back mode.
when setting the guages dont just trust the numbers, stop and check plugs to see what the numbers mean. if the gauge says 1200 and you stop quick and check the plug and it is black you can go hotter. learn your max temp and go from there, also you cant sustain a long time several hundered degrees below that temp either, if you max is 1200 dont sit at 900-1000 to long, or you could warp a piston letting the ring come out cracking a chunk from you jug and gouging the hell out of it, also ruining a couple crank bearings, pins, connecting rods, TRUSTME, it can happen, 1100 dollars later she will run better than new though.lol the wife wont be happy let me tell you

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
now it loaded, i can try to see if i can get that gauge set, i can get race pack also, the digitron is a digital set, also reads rpm or water temp, has warning system very nice, thats what i use on my sled for racing, love them, i have used sleds with them analog guages before and the needle will bounce a little,,once you think you are getting close better pump throttle, they arent accurate to 10 degrees like the digital.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I'm going to get them, one of my friends works at a sled shop so hes going to get me a deal on a buch of stuff, were getting a really good deal because hes ordering the same stuff for his sled to, but thanks anyway.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
my sled came with a digitron computer. it works ealy reaally good. its got 4 screens on the top right its a tach. the top left n both bottoms are exhaust gas temp. the only ptoblem iv had with it was the tach stopped workin and i have yet to fix it. it has a sweet backlight. you can turn it off ur self of if the sled is turned off for 5 minutes and u forget to shut it off, it turns off it self. when i bought the sled the guy said the batteries in the computetr are only used to start the puter. once the sled is started it runs off the sleds power. (i dont know if thats right or not)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts