Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just here some guys from ohio went up to michigan for the first time and not knowing the trails and not ahveing any maps. and while they were rideing they say something out of the coner of there eye and went to see what it was and it was a seld tiped over and a guy next to it and they thought he was sleping so he got his cell phone out and his gogoles were full of blood adn call 911 and they asked them were they were trhey did not kbnow cuz they did not have a map and they were rideing at night, and the guy was dead by the time the ems got there was pernocend dead at.... becarful in the trails

·
Registered
855 Posts
such a sad thing I was up there when that happen we just got back from a ride and it was on the news

·
Registered
211 Posts
Originally posted by dothedew100191
[br]i just here some guys from ohio went up to michigan for the first time and not knowing the trails and not ahveing any maps. and while they were rideing they say something out of the coner of there eye and went to see what it was and it was a seld tiped over and a guy next to it and they thought he was sleping so he got his cell phone out and his gogoles were full of blood adn call 911 and they asked them were they were trhey did not kbnow cuz they did not have a map and they were rideing at night, and the guy was dead by the time the ems got there was pernocend dead at.... becarful in the trails
Think you need to spend less time on the computer and more time with school work.....

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
dew - check your PM box.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by beef300
[br]
Originally posted by dothedew100191
[br]i just here some guys from ohio went up to michigan for the first time and not knowing the trails and not ahveing any maps. and while they were rideing they say something out of the coner of there eye and went to see what it was and it was a seld tiped over and a guy next to it and they thought he was sleping so he got his cell phone out and his gogoles were full of blood adn call 911 and they asked them were they were trhey did not kbnow cuz they did not have a map and they were rideing at night, and the guy was dead by the time the ems got there was pernocend dead at.... becarful in the trails
Think you need to spend less time on the computer and more time with school work.....
This is coming from a guy who spends more time on the SF than he does. Also I don't understand why people feel the need to replace the his parents or teachers. Also being a college student I'm in the top 100 for viewing time yet maintain a 3.5 GPA? So maybe you should just chill because I took a quick look and he wasn't in the top 500 from what I saw, in fact he's number 667 with 4.27 hours since that online time began. Whereas you and I are in the top 100. Also you are hijacking an important thread.

It is extremely important to remember we are all still only human and aren't indestructible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Triple I think he was referring to the almost incomprehensible story that he wrote. There was great lessons to be had from the post yet it took rereading the thing like 3 times to understand what happened. I'm still not sure if the guy was alive when the riders arrived or not. Good lesson to be had. Carry a basic first aid kit, keep a general idea(at worst) as to location, and go through a basic cpr/first aid class. It won't always be a stranger in the pickers, it may be a friend. Have no idea if these suggestions would have helped in that case, but trails can take you to remote places that are hard for emergency help to get to so any precautions one can take only stand to better your own chances.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Read this tells most of the story.....

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=195174

·
Registered
211 Posts
Also read this...

http://www.snowmobileforum.com/general-sled-chat/17175-michigan-ride-first-time-there-good-bad-tragic.html

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by 78jag340
[br]Triple I think he was referring to the almost incomprehensible story that he wrote. There was great lessons to be had from the post yet it took rereading the thing like 3 times to understand what happened. I'm still not sure if the guy was alive when the riders arrived or not. Good lesson to be had. Carry a basic first aid kit, keep a general idea(at worst) as to location, and go through a basic cpr/first aid class. It won't always be a stranger in the pickers, it may be a friend. Have no idea if these suggestions would have helped in that case, but trails can take you to remote places that are hard for emergency help to get to so any precautions one can take only stand to better your own chances.
Not to defend bad spelling or anything, but I understood Dew on the first read. Also if you want to make a point that bad spelling isn't acceptable, try and do it in a constructive manner. As a younger person on the forum I know it would probably piss me off if an older member tried to do the same thing to me. Pissed off people=bad! Also, just to point out I did misinterpret Beef300's post, yet I was able to make out what Dew was trying to say the entire time. Maybe if beef had actually mentioned spelling in his post, he made no correlation.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Triple....read your own post and live by it. You are the most Pissed off person on the site. The kid can't spell, does not have the basics down, and can't read a trail sign. You as a coach and a mentor of young adults, should care that these kids have the basics down before they move ahead to a higher thought process. So don't go getting after anybody about losing their cool...as you can be the king...or the queen if I may add.

I, as you did, understood on the first read, but it was a pain in the ass. I do think we owe each other the responsibility, as SF members, to put forth possibly the smallest effort to use the proper tools,(spell-check), to make it easier for EVERYONE.

p.s. there are no mistakes on my spelling as I used spell-check. You may find one or two grammatical errors if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i think that you guys are all just being jerks about this, the kid was just trying to tell a story, who cares if he cant spell and if you cant comprehend that then hit the back button and ignore it, dont make him feel like crap about himself because he isnt the best at spelling, im sure there are alot of adults on here that arent very good at spelling too. look at his picture hes like 12, give him a break. good post dothedew

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wow, thats really sad and all everyone talks about is his spelling...Cant blame it on the Ohio people, even if they did know where the were the EMS probably would not have made it in time. Very sad story, I hate to hear things like that.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
^^^^ When you grow up, you'll understand also.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Its really sad when some thing like this happens, with the speeds and being out in nowhere i'm surprised this doesn't happen more.[:(]

·
Registered
99 Posts
and there goes the age difference thing again. just because your older than me doesnt make you smarter. i dont have to grow up tp understand a persons mistake. i know alot of adults who cant spell as good some kids i know. what is there to understand, if you cant read his post your pretty damn stupid yourself, piece together the words if you have to

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
^^^^ you know what. No one's trying to make anybody feel like crap about spelling.. He writes all his post like this. It's hard to understand, so people complain about it. It's not about age. It's about common courtesy or the lack thereof.

Either get this back on topic or I'm going to lock it and we can all just start over with a new topic and some more mutual respect for each other.

I read the posts on the other websites relative to this tragedy. The people from Ohio didn't do anything wrong. They tried their best to resuscitate the victim. They didn't have a map but they did provide CPR, figured out where they were, and called for help. They did everything right.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I cant beleive what I'm reading.A fellow snowmobiler was killed while doing what we all love on this site,riding sleds,and it turns into a spelling and age fight.I dont like to criticize other people but there is a time and place to argue. when a thread starts out about somebody dieing,it isnt the time or place.Show some RESPECT.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I do feel really bad for the family, not a good thing at all... there is no disrespect. You must work for the Government with a post like that

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Originally posted by XCSPDUDE
[br]Triple....read your own post and live by it. You are the most Pissed off person on the site. The kid can't spell, does not have the basics down, and can't read a trail sign. You as a coach and a mentor of young adults, should care that these kids have the basics down before they move ahead to a higher thought process. So don't go getting after anybody about losing their cool...as you can be the king...or the queen if I may add.

I, as you did, understood on the first read, but it was a pain in the ass. I do think we owe each other the responsibility, as SF members, to put forth possibly the smallest effort to use the proper tools,(spell-check), to make it easier for EVERYONE.

p.s. there are no mistakes on my spelling as I used spell-check. You may find one or two grammatical errors if you look hard enough.
+1..

Sad story Dothedew. I am reading the whole story that was posted on other sites. Not that a tekvest would have saved him but everyone needs a tekvest! As far as everyone ripping on you, keep learning and just do what people say (spell check, use a period in your sentences, don't forget every other word, don't use lots of internet lingo) and you will be fine.

And to this thread i would like to include a letter to santa..

[red]Dear Santa,
I wud like a kool toy space ranjur fer Xmas. Iv ben a gud boy all yeer.
yer Frend, BiLLy[/red]

[green]Dear Billy,
Nice spelling. You're on your way to a career in lawn care. How about I
send you a friggin' book so you can learn to read and write? I'm giving
your older brother the space ranger. At least HE can spell!
Santa[/green]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.