Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY 2009 NYTRO XTX (144'')NEEDS A NEW TRACK, HAD A 1.25 RIPSAW AND ITS WORTHLESS IN DEEP POWDER... DONT WANT TO GO TOO BIG BUT NEED BIGGER FLAPS... WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?!?

MY SHOCKS SEEM TO BE GETTING SOFTY ON ME... WOULD REVALVING DO IT OR SHOULD I SWITCH TO FOXFLOAT??

NOW LETS TALK SKIS!! ANYONE RIDING AFTER MARKET SKIS?! IF SO WHAT KIND AND HOW IS THE RIDE?!?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
nytroXTXcircus said:
MY 2009 NYTRO XTX (144'')NEEDS A NEW TRACK, HAD A 1.25 RIPSAW AND ITS WORTHLESS IN DEEP POWDER... DONT WANT TO GO TOO BIG BUT NEED BIGGER FLAPS... WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?!?

Anything thats not a "trail" track ( such as the ripsaw ) and is over 1.5" should do just fine really. Check or call TracksUSA[/color=red]

MY SHOCKS SEEM TO BE GETTING SOFTY ON ME... WOULD REVALVING DO IT OR SHOULD I SWITCH TO FOXFLOAT??
If they are rebuildables, go revalve them. No need to spend big money.[/color=red]

NOW LETS TALK SKIS!! ANYONE RIDING AFTER MARKET SKIS?! IF SO WHAT KIND AND HOW IS THE RIDE?!?
I've heard of a lot of guys loving the Slydog Powerhound skis on the nytro, but havent seen anyone with a long track give feedback. Always an improvement, especially over stock Yamaha skis.[/color=red]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANK U... HAVE U EVER RIDEN A 2'' OR 2,5'' TRACK??? ARE THEY REALLY THAT ROUGH OF A RIDE????

FOR THE SHOCKS I GUESS ILL GO FOR REVALVING THEN...

GIVING U SEEM TO KNOW YOUR SHIT, SHOULD I START PLAYING AROUND WITH MY CHAINCASE GEAR RATIOS ??? WILL GOING FOR A LITTLE BIT MORE TOP END REALLY KILL ALOT OF MY HOLESHOT?!?

I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD RECOMMEND FOR AIR INTAKE SYSTEM???

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I know a guy that runs a 144 with slydogs and no complaints.

check out www.ulmerracing.com, they will be able to help you out and they carry tracks, skis, everything.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
nytroXTXcircus said:
THANK U... HAVE U EVER RIDEN A 2'' OR 2,5'' TRACK??? ARE THEY REALLY THAT ROUGH OF A RIDE????

FOR THE SHOCKS I GUESS ILL GO FOR REVALVING THEN...

GIVING U SEEM TO KNOW YOUR SHIT, SHOULD I START PLAYING AROUND WITH MY CHAINCASE GEAR RATIOS ??? WILL GOING FOR A LITTLE BIT MORE TOP END REALLY KILL ALOT OF MY HOLESHOT?!?

I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD RECOMMEND FOR AIR INTAKE SYSTEM???
Dont know way to much there, and I can honestly say I have no idea how the newer yamaha chain cases work. If it's your normal old chaincase, I'd say it can't hurt way to bad down low ( you will notice a slight change off the line ) if you go 1 tooth higher on the upper gear. For parts ( unless your going new, and in some cases, even new ), check out Totally Yamaha 4-stroke section.

I'd talk to some of the experts over on that website as well, and start talking to them about what you should do for clutching.

I also didnt know you wanted to go huge for a track, but if your looking to go bigger, and your keeping your motor stock and you ride trails, 1 3/4" would be perfect, maybe even a 2". IMO anything over 2", especially with a stock motor, is over kill. But that's just me. I've ridden with a 2" shorty and it wasnt way to bad unless you were on glare ice, then there was virtually no traction.

The air intake situation with sleds is different than with cars or bikes. Right now you have an air box, which gets air from around it. The air intake of the box itself is usually far from the motor, and is usually sucking in cold air. Other vehicles you can get said "Cold Air Intakes" which keep motor heat out, and outside air in. With a snowmobile, shoving a set of K&N filters in there is like running a "Hot Air Intake" [beatup], which is bad. The colder the air the better.

Sounds to me like your trying to make a pretty decent sled there. I'd look into getting frog skins ( Let air in, but not water or snow ). You cut your plastic and install as needed. Put that near your air intake on your sled as well as in front of the sled wherever air can pass. Keeping that motor cool is what you need for some smooth hp.

Now if your seriously looking for a lot of power. Search for the MC-xpress website.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Sell it or trade it for a Nytro Mtn and then buy a 121"er if you want more topspeed. Or if you really want more speed then turbo it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts