Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday after getting my new parts on my sled (Cobra Windshield, 3" Sportech Riser, Holeshot Skidplate) I couldn't stand just looking at my sled any longer. So I threw open the garage door, put my sled on the dollies, and drug it outside and ran it around the yard a couple of times. It felt great hopping on it and goin for a little rip (even though it was 85 degrees outside). I dunno if its just me, or is everybody else going nuts over this hot weather??

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Nuts would be an understatement... Life just seems so much better when i can walk out my door hop on my sled and take care of all the stress in life. I wish i could find a summer hobby that is close, my RC truck is fun but it just isnt the same (its cheaper to fix though)

·
Registered
366 Posts
going insane. I am just staying out of the garage. every time i go in the sleds call my name !!!! Soon though! here's to an early winter!!

Rich

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Fall is in the air here getting down into the low 40's at night high 50 to low 60's during the day. Give it a couple of weeks and I am sure we will have termination dust on the hills.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Still getting into the mid 80's here, nights are getting to low 60's though, sometime next week its supposed to drop into the 50's at night.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah..the temperature topped out at 89 degrees today, and it's supposed to get over 90 degrees tomorrow. But I was watching the weather tonite on the 6'oclock news, and the weather man said from the previous years when August is warm and dry, 9/10 times it's a Cold & Snowy winter :D:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by strokez
[br]Yeah..the temperature topped out at 89 degrees today, and it's supposed to get over 90 degrees tomorrow. But I was watching the weather tonite on the 6'oclock news, and the weather man said from the previous years when August is warm and dry, 9/10 times it's a Cold & Snowy winter :D:D
That's good news because I don't think it has rained yet this month and it has been hot.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I hope this winter is awesome.
We had about 95*F here yesterday, then add the humidity too...i hate it.

I know what you mean about the summer hobby. I sometimes hop on my Honda 3-wheeler and whip around, but nothing compares to a snowmobile rocketing across an open lake or field!!! Why are ATV's so slow? I sure don't hear of stock ATV's doing 110+ mph on an open field or road...LOL

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
lol.yeh ATVs are fun just to get you by till winter but they are not near as thrilling as mashing the gas on a sled..If its spose to be a good winter if August is dry and hot, we are going to get dumped on cause its been 100 degrees and I cant even remember the last time it rained..

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
atv's dont doo 110+ beacause u ever been on one doing over 70? its simply pain full most times.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Yeah, i had a Banshee up to around 75-80 mph once....man, what a rush! Funny though, because going 100 mph on a sled is not scary at all. Maybe it's an illusion, LOL!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
We havent had rain here for 7 weeks until last night. We had a lot of rain last year and winter sucked, so i hope the theory is true that a dry summer leads to a lot of snow.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Been plenty cold here in Northern MN. The smaller lakes have a couple inches of ice and there is about two inches of snow on the ground.

Things are shaping up nicely, just no snow [:(!]

·
Registered
552 Posts
I dont mind the summer but winter is most definanty my favorite season. Snowmobiling is mt favorite sport!!!! Im sooooo depressed right now , i have as much snow as people do in the spring, and its that hot as well. At least i can go out there everyday and untarp my baby and look at it and sit on it. I love just tinkering with my sled. Thats helps to pass the time till the real snow comes. Most of the people i knwo at school dont want the snow. I do have a freind that i have in the shop that love snowmobilign as much as me so that helps[:)]. Anyways pray for snow, and alittle snowdance here and there would help. When i get to the shop in the morning and start grinding and welding metal i want to see some snow out side the building[:D] that would be awsome.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Doin a snow dance for ya we'll try and send some of the snow to ya. We've only got about 4-5" in town but there is 3'+ in the places we like to ride. Temps are supposed to drop into the single digits below zero over the week so the swamps and rivers should start to freeze up. It will come have faith
And think LOTS OF DEEEEEEP SNOW!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have faith, but somtimes it so hard. Its so hot out [:(]. its hard with all these non snowmobilers at the school and teh shop. [V] They are just a bunch of people that havnt discovered it yet[:)]. I mean what else do they do on their winter weekends
?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts