Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can not fake stupid
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Snowmobile-MXZ600-200mph-fast_W0QQitemZ160415035477QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSnowmobiles?hash=item25597b3055
Please comment cause I do not think it is possible and I must be confused cause that sled will not do 200

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Must be one of those guys that believes the sled will go as fast as the speedometer goes up to...which appears to be 200 in this case.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
lmao. that guy is an idiot. he probably thinks a can actually adds 5h.p like the ads say they do....

·
Registered
863 Posts
mine will do 200mph on a good day, i only have a can on it.
im thinking the same thing as quinlan in the case.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Yeah, it'll do 200 mph...off a cliff. haha!! What an idiot!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
why would ski doo put 200 on the gauge anyway????? Why stop there, why not 300mph? Seems kind of ridiculous! What factory sled or even mod sled would even come close? WOW

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I see its Indiana. If its from Northern Indiana it could have been bought from the Auction in Bronson Mi.(within a few miles from the border) They have semis truck in sleds from Canada to go through the auction. I can't make out if it says KPH or MPH on the speedo

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
My message to the super ignorant ebay member.
You should need a license to be as stupid as you are. There is no way that snowmobile will do 200mph and you are false advertising, that is if you can find someone else as ignorant as yourself to believe it. That speedometer is Kilometers per hour, not mph. 200kph is only 124mph, and that sled won't even go that fast. Grow up and please please pay better attention in school.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
All Ski-Doo speedos, KMH or MPH go to 200. The speedo doesnt decide how far it goes, its the speedo pickup. I had the exact same sled with 1000 miles than his. On a REALLY good day, on a nice flat lake where the groomer had crossed with little snow ( so, all the hookup and cooling with virtually no resistance ) and I managed to get the speedometer to 106. In reality I think I was hovering right around the 99-100 mark.

1,792 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
You can not fake stupid
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Snowmobile-MXZ600-200mph-fast_W0QQitemZ160415035477QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSnowmobiles?hash=item25597b3055
Please comment cause I do not think it is possible and I must be confused cause that sled will not do 200
Desperation to sell it out of season. Hey, the buyer won't realize it won't do 200 for another 8 months, and he'll be long gone (insert smilie doing impression of Speedy Gonzales here - yes I know it doesn't exist :) )

[^]

highrolla7 said:
why would ski doo put 200 on the gauge anyway????? Why stop there, why not 300mph? Seems kind of ridiculous! What factory sled or even mod sled would even come close? WOW
It's all a marketing ploy. The buyer, even subconsciously, considers it to add value/desirablilty/verification it has more HP than similar vehicles. Somewhere I read that a newspaper reporter sent Honda Motor Company a letter asking why the speedo in their cars go up to 100 or 150, when you can only go about 70 anyway (legally). As any manufacterer would do, they avoided answering the question directly. But hey, would you be more impressed if you peered through the window of a Lambo and saw 250mph or 85mph (like a lot of cars had their speedos go up to in the 80's )?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
This guy is an idot. the 597cc rotax motor are only worthy or 165kmph stock.

If the guy thinks his sled goes as fast as the speedo says, and thinks it is in mph (even tho its in kmph and clearly says km/h on the guage. he is an idiot!

·
Registered
108 Posts
maybe he figured out how to change the gearing inside the speedo housing so it will read 200 when he is maxed out. lol

·
Registered
910 Posts

he changed his ERROR! still find it BS!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Man I don't know what that guy was smokin but my friend has that same year sled and that thing can just barely get up over a hundred on a good day.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts