Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a cracked hose fitting from the HAC on one carb will cause an imbalance making one side run lean and the other rich? And if so which side would be lean? And does anyone know what the HAC removal would require and what jetting to change to for 0-3000ft?

Any information would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
The HAC system is a High Altitude Compensator, and it adjust the air pressure in the float bowl chamber to compensate for altitude changes, if you have a broken fitting or vent line the carb with the leak will run rich at high altitudes, I would not remove the system if you are riding at different elevations, your jetting will be completly different from a low altitude to a high one. The best thing to do is make sure all your vent lines are in good condition and replace any rotten ones and make sure the system is sealed with no leaks and is routed correctly.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. The carb with the broken fitting was running rich. The other carb was running lean. So I guess that might mean the HAC is working correctly, and trying to keep things balanced. I'm going to replace the fitting if I can find one.(its not a part..dealer says need to find an old carb to steal from or buy a new one). And the Hoses. I don't change altitude enough where I ride to really need the HAC. I do get quite a temperature swing though. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update. Replaced all the hoses on the HAC system and modified the broken fitting. Its been
running great every since. The best since I bought this machine. Thanks for all the suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts