Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a nice ride today on the snow we got ealier this week......rode from bout noon till around 4.....i just rode to town and found my buddy and we just messed around on the drifts outside of town in ditches and sloughs and stuff. i am really sore right now as i was riding like i have been riding hard for 3 weeks, but havent rode like that for that long in well over year, i rode hard last year but not for any amount of time cuz of no place to go.......the main reason i am sore is i wiped out pretty bad today...i was driving through this ditch right outside of town and there were these lil manhole type things sticking out of the ground, but bout 1/4 of the size and sticking up maybe 1 or 2 inches of the ground, they have something to do w/ water, but there were two of em kinda of staggered and w/ bout 3 inches of snow they were covered up and i happened to hit em just right where i hit one w/ one ski and it threw me one way then in the next split second i hit the other w/ the other ski and i was launched into the air w/o my sled, i prolly flew a good 20 feet w/o my sled b4 i hit ground and landed right on my a$$, i was flying so weird and rolling on the ground i didnt even see my sled till it was just rolling to a stop. didnt get hurt, but my lower back is pretty sore right now from the first impact w/ the ground......only damage to the sled was a lil knick on the bottom of my ski (plastic) which isnt even noticeable.......most of my body is just stiff from riding too, legs and arms and shoulders are pretty stiff right now......caught some pretty good air on jumps and landed a few hard and hit chest on handlbars (downside of having risers) but its all part of sledding and it was an awsome day overall......cant wait for tomorrow so i can ride around my house which is close to a coulee that some of u may have seen on my webste (arcticcatguy.topcities.com)

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i usually try to ride within my control and i have never hitten nething i see coming, its the hidden things that get me.....lol.....on my way to town there is this power pole they cut down cuz it got struck by lightning, it was on a slough and just setting on the ice and the snow had drifted around it so u couldnt see it goin in that direction, that was a pretty good jump that got me some air but i hit it perfect so it didnt throw me off...i was lucky there

·
Registered
167 Posts
this may seem a pretty simple idea but has seemed to keep me from getting hurt, i use it when i ride my dirt bike too, if im riding in a new area, or unfamillar terrotory i just go slow and check out the lay of the land, looking for nasties, that will jump up and get ya, once ive noted them, then it's time to rip, heck on the sleds its easy cuz you can see your tracks where you already been, sounds simple but it works, i can never understand going full throttle into the unknown, sounds like a ambulance ride to me, i think these ideas come with getting older and relizing your not bullet proof, aw heck have fun!, but be safe too.[:0]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, that is what i do, and all the places that i went yesterday i knew pretty well.....BUT.....the last time i rode on em there was prolly bout 6 inches more snow, and the downed power pole that was a complete idiot moment for me cuz i drive by it every single day in my car and there are obvious signs that its there.....just a lil brain fart on my part

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont have any....im sure dad wouldnt approve of me carrying around his digital camera while riding all day, whenever i round up some guys to ride around here i will get plenty of pics cuz i can just go slow to the good sptos cuz they arent that far from my house and then just bring camera back after i take plenty of pics..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts