Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys a few of us got together and had a few races locally tonight. 1000ft marked off. i ran mine against a 05 sabercat 500 and beat it by 6 lengths, a 05 F6 that beat me by 3 lengths, a mxzx 440 crossed the line together. now thats not bad for a 14 year old sled hey? .. my best speed was 91.34 mph radared at the end of 1000ft.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Was this on ice?

91mph on radar for a piston port fuji twin is borderline unbelievable if it was not on ice. And even if it was on ice you would have had to do alot of prep work to do that.

The pro's running stock 440's on ice are only doing 100mph, and that is with ~30 more HP.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry rippered my mistake, i didnt even read my post when i added it yesterday thats *81.34 mph.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Ya. I had a 92 xcr 440 and they were potent little guys. When clutched well with a good track they could keep up with other sleds pretty well.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you have much done with yours? my sled when it was in complete stock form wouldnt beable to compete with the 500's that it does now

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I rebuilt it with .060" over wiseco's so it was 452cc and then put a 1" lug track on it, but that was about it. I beat the heck out of it and it just couldn't handle the way I rode, I was fixing it every other weekend.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Pretty inpresive!!! The sabercat only puts out about 80hp though so its not a screamer like the F5, But sounds like your sled ripps! mY f5 stock with 96 studs and a 1.75 in. track & goodwin clutch kit ran 87.6 mph in 1000ft. on ice. What did the F6 run???

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the f6 was stock with a little clutch work and a mbrp can. i think she ran somewhere around the area of 86mph but this is on snow, she also has the stock track with no studs.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im getting a set of slp twin pipes come now and guna spin mine up to 8700 rpms that should improve my speed a bit as well im thinking. back to square one with clutching though but the work is half the fun : )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts