Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I whent to mountains with freinds took the spare Powder special, as he turned he kept crankin on the bars instead of leaing and throttling, and for some reason the bars spun around. So I said a couple choice words then whent over and then just spun them back around, (like it spun the whole stearing columb or atleast half of it)wasnt bent or anything. Is this a safety feature or should I take out air cleaner and crap and take a look. Just didnt whant to tear it apart if i dont have too. Thanks

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
If Im not mistaken, the lower steering arm can be removed in order to take the steering stem out, I would take a look right below your pipes and see if that is real sloppy. Also, go on brownsleisureworld.com and look up the part diagram and see if you can narrow down what to look for if you know it wasnt in the tie rods and it was between the bars and the steering linkage.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah like it has happened once before but never so severe, wasnt tie rods I dont think I did look at Blw.com and it could be the bottom part that was twisting. Have to look at it I guess just incase.

·
Registered
105 Posts
check the bellcrank and idler arm that attaches to the sway bar. this part is under the exhaust kinda mounted in the frame section.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great I will thanks allot guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts