Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What i would like to know from you guys running handgaurds on your sleds, do they serve a purpose?

what i mean is i thought ide get them to help aide in keeping my hands warm, not so much that im worried about roost, and other flying debris because i dont race.

im trying to decide if i should return them, i am thinking its just another thing to bend/break if i have to ride through a pine tree or something other.. plus the fact that i run a left hand throttle and i can just see myself switching sides of the sled in terrain, and having my hands on and off the bars, and when i go to grip the bar im afraid its just going to interfere, like i could hit my hand and lose my grip and be screwed.

so do they keep your hands significantly warmer going down the trail? after i long day of digging sleds out, gloves get wet and the ride back to the rig gets pretty unpleasent.

any input, lets hear it, good, bad, dont matter.

thanks all,
Scott

·
Registered
275 Posts
i've had the same set on my last 2 sleds.
I don't know if the realy block alot of wind but they do help.
Also they keep some of the little sticks form hitting your hands.
they don't get in my way one bit at all.
I rolled my last sled 3 times they didn't brake off.
I don't think i'll ever own a sled with out them now.

Over all i feel they do help block some wind and shit from hiting your hands.
Also I think they add to the look of a sled.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
They keep my hands warmer than without. Especially with bars higher than the windshield.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
i bought some from my pro-r they look good imo and will help out w/ the pro-rmk's

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
keep my hands safe from sticks now with them. deffanatly yey

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah partial reason for purchase was the look factor, and because the pro taper bars rise significantly over the windshield. we have about 200 invested in just the hand guards alone for the sleds, just not sure if we should go get the money back and put it towards some fuel.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Bmxican said:
yeah partial reason for purchase was the look factor, and because the pro taper bars rise significantly over the windshield. we have about 200 invested in just the hand guards alone for the sleds, just not sure if we should go get the money back and put it towards some fuel.
i just put polaris red an blacks on, 54 w/ mounting.. works for me!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I like mine a lot, keep my hands warmer, keeps stuff from hitting your hands, and looks good. For 60 bucks with mounts i think they are worth it every time i go out and ride. I tree ride and ive never had issues with them getting caught up on branches, just blocking my hands from them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I personally love them, I can count of numerous times going through the bush and hearing sticks/limbs bang off my handguards, just thankful it wasn't my knuckle! I like them for the added wind protection (minimal, but noticeable), debris deflection, and looks. They go on almost all of my sleds.

I personally like Powermadd/Rox/RSI handguards for looks, but Sportech (in a close 2nd for looks) but 1st for wind protection.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i really like how they block the wind, especially with my high riser, i do notice some warmth, but my handwarmers about melt my hands anyway, i would say if you have already bought them put'em on, i am also running a lefty and have not had any interference issues yet

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what about when you are turning, you know when you wrap your wrist around the bar to get some more leverage... do your wrists hit them at all?

cause i do that to grab my normal throttle a lot because i run a throttle flare also

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
cant help you there, i never twist my hand like i think your saying, and i dont have a throttle flare

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah waht i mean is, grabbing the throttle from underneath with your fingers instead of your thumb, normally when cranking the bars to the right.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Bmxican said:
yeah waht i mean is, grabbing the throttle from underneath with your fingers instead of your thumb, normally when cranking the bars to the right.
when doing that, they didn't get in my way at all.

·
Registered
276 Posts
2010111081336401_12567.jpg

2010111081341792_12567.jpg

I feel they are a must once you have a low cut windshield. Keep the wind off your hands, i've bumped them, hit them, hit my head on them (dont ask). They just flex/bend out of the way and you just bend them back and tighten them back up when you're in the shop!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Bmxican said:
I wrap my ARM around the bar and use my finger quite often and my hand guards have never had an impact on that. Keep them especially if your hands are exposed to the wind. On really cold days you will love them.

Bmxican said:
I do the same thing quite a bit. It's never been in the way. When its windy you will love them

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Before I got them, I thought they were all about looks. I took them off and realized my hands stayed nowhere near as warm. I like mine because of wind and tree branches, also another thing is is water. We've all been in the situation where we've had to slam through a rough wet area before and water splashes up and hits your hands. The guards block about 50% of the water that splashes up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts