Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went out for a ride last night ,, about 50 miles and about half way through i decided to turn on my hand and thumb warmers ,, not more then 5 minutes later my tempature gauge was almost in the red [:(!],, i stoped the sled, took off 5 min later,, same problem. Stoped again,, opened the hood , placed fresh powedered snow right on the heads a coulpe times ,, started her back up and went 30 miles with no problems [:D],,,,,,,don't know if it was glitch with my thermostat gauge,,,And i placed Prestone in it about 3 weeks ago ,, so i wouldn't think it could be that ,,,,,,,,,,,any ideas??????? sorry for the long post[^]

·
Registered
36 Posts
first watch putting snow on the heads, they could crack. Hand warmers work of your electrical system, and should not effect the cooling of your engine. Possibly your thermastat is not working properly, did it smell hot or were you just going by the gauge. Go for another ride and see how it acts... Also check you pressure cap.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah , i knew that putting snow wasn't the best of ideas , but i was out in the woods and didn't want to stay out there longer then i had to at -25 degrees ,and i couldn't figure out why the hell the once i started teh hand warmers , it started , cause i knew it couldn't be,,but hey you never know with sleds eh ,heheh , so i wanted to do something to cool it down quick and get to a road were i can get to it with my truck and go pick it up. But it never smelt like burnt or something like that ,,,,,,after the snow was on there ,, the temp went down and i rode another 20 to 25 miles , and 5miles on the lake at full throttle and it NEVER heated up again. ERALLY weird ,, i'm gona check the prestone tonight and try it again ,,, it was dark when i got back , just wanted to go to bed ,heheh

·
Registered
16 Posts
Considering you just replaced your antifreeze maybe your machine is air locked. Start the machine for 10 minutes with the front end raised and the stopper loose to allow for the air to escape.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stopper???????/ what the heck is that ,ehhehh that's actually what one of my friends told me that i could have a air bubble in there somewere ,,,,,
WEll i'll try that as soon as i know were that "stopper" is
thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RIght on ,,,,,,thanks , i knew he was using some type of analogy,heheh will do that tonight
And that should take care of any AIR bubbles in the coolant system???

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yup[:D][:D]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thks guys ,, now i just have to find out if it's my spedo cable that's broke or a jack shaftr bearing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts