Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 ext 580 the hand and thumb warmers will heat up but not near as warm as they should get. Just wondering what could be done to solve problem.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Have you added anything to your electrical system lately, headlights, taillights, electric shield?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check your ground for those two items... I would think they'd share the same ground, it may be that they don't have good contact.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ground is ok but I am not sure what the proper voltage is for the hand warmers. I am only reading about 4 volts. I also checked the head light voltage and it was the same. The head light is not burning dim but I think the sled should produce more voltage than this. I am thinking maybe the voltage regulater is bad. Anyway if anyone knows what the proper voltage should be that would be a great help, and also if it sounds like the voltage regulater is bad or not.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had a similar problem on my summit. What i ended up doing was unplugging one of my headlights, that solved the problem right away. It just kinda sucks for night riding since i only have one headlight now.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
could be the voltage regulator, if u wanna take it in so they can hook it up to their computer, they could tell ya, or u can just replace the part urself...i put one in my 93EXT 550 EFI an di think it was bout 50 bucks er so

·
Registered
274 Posts
just be happy that your heated grips dont get so hot your 50dollar glove catch fire and melt to the handle bars....
"damn, my hands are gettin warm"

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good post. I have added a heated shield and now my hand warmers aren't as hot. What can I do? Do I need to get power somewhere esle?

Please help!!!!

I was riding in Colebrook NH a few weeks ago and it was -12F and they just didn't get HOT.

KB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts