Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hand warmers on my 91 500 polaris indy SP
are gone they wont get warm. How would you go about changing them do they like slide off once you get them loose. A friend was telling me that you can't change them but i know that there has to be a way.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If they're like mine, you just pull your plastic hand grip off and they're right there, wrapped around the bar.
Sometimes the grips are hard to get off, but they should come off by pulling and rotating them as you pull.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Usually you can use an air nozzle to blow them off. Just stick the nozzle through the end of the grip and pull while blowing air in. You may have to plug the other end with something like a rag.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Before I went through the trouble of taking those off & replacing them, I'd check with a tester to see if there's juice running to them in the wires running up the handlebars... could be something simple like a wire unplugged or shorting out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i tested it there is current coing threw them
is there a certain voltage needed to make them warm? whaty shoudl the voltage be?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check your ground on that circuit... now you know you've got power going up to it, make sure that you've got a decent ground. Your tester may have been providing the ground when you were testing it.
I don't know what the correct voltage should be...

·
Registered
55 Posts
just check continuity--should be closed. Check at the plug closest to the warmers.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
you can buy grips that have the warmer built into them.just cut off your grips take the warmer off the bars and slide on the new grips and wire them up to your old wires

1 - 9 of 9 Posts