Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my handguards today. they are powermadd powerX series. smaller than regular ones by a little bit. but about half the price too. for the guards and the mounts it was $30 from denniskirk. click to enlarge.

[galleryattach=13237]

[galleryattach=13238]

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
$30 for everything? That's a good deal if it is...have to check it out. They look nice on the Pro-x.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup $14.99 for the guards and $14.99 for the mounts. most others are about $55-$60 for everything.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Thats a good deal. I had to pay about $60. for my handguards. By the way, you have a nice sled.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. yeah it is a good deal. like i said they are slightly smaller than standard guards. i think they are new from powermadd this year. like most others the mounts are sold seperately. the mount is called the FlexMount system. and the guards are PowerX

at denniskirk they are under the offroad section, not snowmobile i think. other places have them too.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I didnt think they looked very good in the magazines, but once there on a sled I gotta say I really like the look of em'

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm not overly concerned with the look honestly. i just got them to protect my hands for racing. i really didn't want to spend $60 for a set since it's most likely they're going to get busted anyway. and since each component is that cheap, makes sense to me to use them since they'll be cheaper to replace.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
cant go wrong for 30 bucks dont look to bad a little different but for racing what the heck?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Can you open the hood without issue? My biggest beef with handguards on my 04 is that basically NONE will fit and still let me open the hood. Unless you can find the elusive flip-up style.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Are these ones made of the same material as the Star series guards? those were extremely tough, they look like a more rigid/glossy material...I wasnt sure if they were just a cheapened out version or if they would be worth investing in for the warrior.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have the elusive flip up stile.They were $100 at the race school in 04.It was still hard to lift up that damn hood.They bracket was alum. so you could bend them back into shape after a wreck.[attachment=51102]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ripperd- i can't open the hood with the bars straight. i might be able to if i can turn them far enough but i doubt it. i'll probably have to keep a socket handy to remove them from the bars in the pits if i want to open it. i'll try to see if i can get it open later, but not enough room in the garage right now to turn the skis all the way.

waterboy- i dont' know what the material of the standard star guards is like. these are somewhat rigid. i have sportech guards on my 800 and they are more flexible.

Hey Sickler, nice pic! nice sled too [:D]

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was wrong, it will open with the guards on there. have to turn the bars all the way. and then fanagle he hood a bit to get past. the only part that really hits is the turndown hook on the left side.

[galleryattach=13271]

[galleryattach=13272]

·
Registered
963 Posts
do you have a link i can't find one?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here are the guards

http://denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=Main&catId=115&productId=p617503&leafCatId=11506&mmyId=

here are the mounts

http://denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=Main&catId=115&productId=p617502&leafCatId=11506&mmyId=

·
Registered
625 Posts
Customized,lets hope you dont have to open that hood this weekend,except when you finish in top 5 for tech!See you FRIDAY.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Wow this is the first time I have seen your new sled Customized, nice find. I want to see if I can find one in the near future. I still have my old 700 out of my RMK and I am looking for something to put it into. I hope you do well this season, give it all you've got and when the checkered falls no matter where you stand you will be happy because you actually raced and was not on the sidelines watching.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts