Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some SportTech handguards tonight and took a quick look-see to how hey would bolt up. I became quite confused with the placement and how they'll work with the brake lever, brake line, etc. Throttle side is fairly simple, I just have to move some wires. The brake line is molded into the block on that side, so simply moving it out of the way is out of the question.

If someone could show me some pictures of their Gen II with hand guards, and how they're mounted, I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that underneath the throttle? No interference?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
If you mean the thumb throttle, there is a trick- you have to angle the mount the same angle as the thumb throttle. otherwise it will interfere with the movement of it. Hope thats what you mean. Ask me if its not.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
bigfoot, does the left mount get in the way of the parking brake? I don't really use it, but if I had a preference I'd rather not have interference there.

Prat, I've been notified my handgaurds showed up yesterday, so this time next week I will be home and should be installing them, I'll post some pics. I'll be keeping the stock bar pad/cover and dont want to cut holes in it so I think I'll be mounting mine in the same locations as Bigfoot.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
bigfoot, does the left mount get in the way of the parking brake? I don't really use it, but if I had a preference I'd rather not have interference there.

Prat, I've been notified my handgaurds showed up yesterday, so this time next week I will be home and should be installing them, I'll post some pics. I'll be keeping the stock bar pad/cover and dont want to cut holes in it so I think I'll be mounting mine in the same locations as Bigfoot.
It does, there is zero capability of movement in this case.
Besides that, its all good, lol

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I mounted mine inside the blocks, just tilted the brake block down a hair to get around the line. I had to notch the pad to make them fit nice. I tried mounting mine outside, and I only had 50% throttle movement and no brake movement. I can't load pictures at school so I can't see how bigfoot has them.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
tdgbigfoot said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:

What I did with mine so it doesn't interfere with the parking break is flip the mount upside-down.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
MuscleD said:
tdgbigfoot said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:

What I did with mine so it doesn't interfere with the parking break is flip the mount upside-down.
Yeah, that works, i just didnt like the way it angled the guards when you do that. Just a personal preference.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
tdgbigfoot said:
MuscleD said:
tdgbigfoot said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:

Yeah, that works, i just didnt like the way it angled the guards when you do that. Just a personal preference.
Yeah I know what you mean. But my had still passes through without touching so I kept it that way. I can't notice it anymore.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
you guys have completely different mounts then I do, mine came with the Rox Speed FX billet aluminum mounts.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KRSS144 said:
Hope this helps...

20081031155337546_19621.jpg

2008103115522187_19621.jpg

20081031155122734_19621.jpg

20081031154954156_19621.jpg

20081031154912703_19621.jpg
Thanks, nice setup. The mounts that came with mine are completely different. Probably going to return them and get a different setup.

·
Registered
176 Posts
^ I really like the look of that seat on that chassis, makes it different

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
176 Posts
So I seen everyone mounted their bracket under the brake lever and I did mine on the top of it. I was just wondering why did you guys mount it that way?

20101218201931109_33730.jpg

·
Registered
695 Posts
ArcticCatzr500 said:
So I seen everyone mounted their bracket under the brake lever and I did mine on the top of it. I was just wondering why did you guys mount it that way?

20101218201931109_33730.jpg
Because on the gen II the parking brake lever is there and if you mount it on top like you did you can't use it at all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts