Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Ski-Doo XPS that has a stock riser. I would like to put on a 6inch riser.

Do I need to extend the brake and throttle cables?

Thanks RJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
take the bolts out of the bar clamp and see how high you can raise them. But im pretty sure for a 6" you will need extensions for both brake and throttle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,555 Posts
or you can do a search on this topic, and youll get more topics you can read in a daay!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
James007 said:
or you can do a search on this topic, and youll get more topics you can read in a daay!
or you can just answer the question...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,100 Posts
RJ2265 said:
James007 said:
or you can do a search on this topic, and youll get more topics you can read in a daay!
or you can just answer the question...
Doesnt know the answer right off the top of his head obviously. Us the resources you have here, do a search.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,044 Posts
Using the resources here is definately good.

That being said though, Yes, at 6" to do it right, you will need longer throttle cable, brake line, and extend part of your electrical.

Now if you want to save a ton of cash and still do it right and clean, this will help.
Your brake line on that model has standard 10mm banjo bolts on each end.
Take your old one off and go to your local hydraulic line shop from the yellow pages and get one that is 4 to 6 inches longer depending on how you want to route it. Bleed the brakes when done, and spring for the braided stainless lines. They won't expand like the rubber ones and so you get a more positive feal at the lever.

Your electricals,
extend them 1 wire at a time to not cross wires, and shrink wrap each. Route them all together and wrap in a wire loom for that good cleen loke along with protecting the wires a little.

Throttle cable,
Don't get the add on extension, They suck in the quality department. For the same price, I've got the right cable for your application, just longer. $25

Doing it all this way will save you about half on the project and be super clean and proffessional looking.

ding ding.
Class is now out of session. [thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Student Driver said:
Using the resources here is definately good.

That being said though, Yes, at 6" to do it right, you will need longer throttle cable, brake line, and extend part of your electrical.

Now if you want to save a ton of cash and still do it right and clean, this will help.
Your brake line on that model has standard 10mm banjo bolts on each end.
Take your old one off and go to your local hydraulic line shop from the yellow pages and get one that is 4 to 6 inches longer depending on how you want to route it. Bleed the brakes when done, and spring for the braided stainless lines. They won't expand like the rubber ones and so you get a more positive feal at the lever.

Your electricals,
extend them 1 wire at a time to not cross wires, and shrink wrap each. Route them all together and wrap in a wire loom for that good cleen loke along with protecting the wires a little.

Throttle cable,
Don't get the add on extension, They suck in the quality department. For the same price, I've got the right cable for your application, just longer. $25

Doing it all this way will save you about half on the project and be super clean and proffessional looking.

ding ding.
Class is now out of session. [thumb]


I know that the resources here are great and 99.9% of the time I do a search and bammm I get the answer. I just figured this time someone would chime in and give me some specific advise.

That being said... This was great!! Thank you for the step by step instructions I really appreciate it!!

RJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we ended up buying all of the parts from SkiDoo. We installed the 6inch riser and did not need to use the brake line or the throttle extender and all of the wires were a good length.


Thanks for the help!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
Sometimes ya get lucky. I have a 02 MXZ and I dont think i could fit a 2" riser on it without extensions.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top