Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would this fit on my sled with no extensions...sorry if any one asked this already...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLARIS-SNOWMOBILE-3-HANDLEBAR-RISER-ALUMINUM-/250598160883?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Snowmobile_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a58d079f3

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hmm, well, it would be nice to know what kind of sled you have. This riser looks a little odd. Typically you can rise 2" without any extensions on any sled, sometimes 3" works. The only way you'll know is to unbolt your bars, lift them up, and measure how far you can lift them without extensions. Easy enough.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
sgemt said:
Hmm, well, it would be nice to know what kind of sled you have. This riser looks a little odd. Typically you can rise 2" without any extensions on any sled, sometimes 3" works. The only way you'll know is to unbolt your bars, lift them up, and measure how far you can lift them without extensions. Easy enough.
Thats exactly what I was going to suggest. I have heard of people stacking up pieces of wood to the height of the riser and just mocking it up to see if there is tension on the cables.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had a 2 inch riser on my powder special i then put on 8 inch RSI bars in place of my stockers. I bought a powermadd throttle extension and had a piece of extended brake line made. found out during the installation that the last owner installed a longer than stock throttle cable and brake cable. bars fit with no adjustments.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are the bolts in metric or inch cuz i was using a 7/16 and it was stripin a bit so i stopped

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
I thought that was a classic response. lol

Any way, now that I had my little laugh, your bolts:
If they are THAT stripped, you basically need to replace them.
Then it's either an easy out, vise grips, drill them out CAREFULLY, something along these lines.

Then when you've put the right bolts back in, use the proper wrench so that you don't have this problem in the future.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how do u drill them out when u only have 3 inches of space before i hit the tank

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
^^^
pretty much what I was getting at.
To just think about it, pull them out by what ever means needed (vise grips at this point more than likely) replace them, use the proper wrench along with a little lock tight blue, and learn from it before messing up more bolts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts