Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone has posted this before and i am sorry for posting it again but need some ideas on what those of you did for your homemade risers. I have a welding class and instead of paying the 80 bucks to get them figured I could make them.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
You can actually get them for $20 used, but I have seen a lot of people happy with doing home made ones.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I made a 4" Pivot riser out of 3/8" thick steel, 5" long, 2" thick. drilled holes for loss of weight.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Ok, do not make them out of aluminum if you make pivot risers, I just made some in welding and they lasted literately 5 minutes. I made something similiar to the universal powermadd pivot risers.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Empire087 said:
Ok, do not make them out of aluminum if you make pivot risers, I just made some in welding and they lasted literately 5 minutes. I made something similiar to the universal powermadd pivot risers.
Perhaps you needed a better design...? If you want to use Aluminum, I would make a dog-bone style riser like Fly manufactures, and simply find a piece of 7/8" tubing for an adapter if you need one. Fly uses 6061-T6 and they hold up quite well. I realize you would not need to utilize any welding to create these, but they work.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4561410197_bae601599e_b.jpg

It might have been bad tig welds, I didn't do them because I can't weld aluminum worth shit. I made essentially the same things out of solid steel stock, I'll post a picture of those monsters tommorrow :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts