Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a pivot riser and adapter for my 96 XLT SP tonight to give me some hieght, wel, the 1.25" adapter, 4" riser and 3" rise in my bars is a lot of leverage on top...

playing with it all led me to see that my steering post and hoop had a ton of flex in it and im afraid of bending my shaft/column...anyone got any good ideas for a fix or know of anything i can do? I love the feel of the bars but would rather not sacrifice my post! thanks!

·
Registered
661 Posts
I was told that if you raise your bars over 4" that you have to raise the support bracket too just for that reason. I have never seen it done, or heard of anybody doing it. My neighbor said that they make a kit to raise the support for the post, but have never seen it. Sounds logical though.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone know where i can get a support bracket, i found the SLP one but for $50, I want to see what else i can find? http://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=25&productID=60

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I know of aftermarket steering stems that a lot of people switch too once they get that high. Anything above 3" puts a lot of stress due to leverage on the stock stem. I bent mine last week just messing around in the 1" of snow on the ground. I came down on one side, not hard at all and it bent like wet spaghetti. never did before, but the extra 1" block i put on must have just passed the mark. I think I will just go with a stronger stem.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
who makes the stem and where can i get one? thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts