Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how are the hooks installed? do you have to get new grips too? I intersester in getting some

·
Registered
134 Posts
nope im pretty sure they just screw right in...there is usally a hole at the end of the handle bars

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
It depends on what type of bar heaters you have (if any) as to whether they will work or not. Those hooks slide into the bar ends, then the bolt is tightened to clamp the hook in. On some sleds, the hand warmers and mounted inside the ends of the handlebars, therefore there would be no room for the hook.

On my ZR, I had to cut the grips at the end in order to slide the hooks in, but the stock grips were still utilized.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have hand warmers but im pretty sur the are on the outside. I dont want to wreck the grips. how does it hold on. lke a bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
when you turn the screw, it slides the wedge apart from the hook ,so it wedges itself in

·
Registered
368 Posts
littlemel said:
I have hand warmers but im pretty sur the are on the outside. I dont want to wreck the grips. how does it hold on. lke a bicycle handlebar
same theory as the bicycle. they come with direstions if new. sometimes you have to grind them a bit to fit inside the bars. dont worry about the heaters, almost impossible to cause any harm. a step bit or sharp razor knife works good for augering out the grip end.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Your XLT's heaters are pads on the out side of the bar, under the grip.
Hooks are good and new grips are only $20.
I like running the long grips or wrap grips to cover the hook too.
Compressed air works to get the grips off pretty well.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank for the help everybody.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts