Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is probably the millionth time a thread about this has been made, but i have seen many different opinions on different threads and im looking for a clear answer.

i have a 2000 ZR700 and i found a 3 inch riser at dennis kirk for $28. is 3 inches too much for the stock cables and brake lines? i want to get the most out of the riser without adding extensions to the cables and wires.

also the riser is made by sport parts inc. anyone have an opinion on their parts?

·
Registered
746 Posts
My riser is by sports parts and like it, Its just a pretty simple block. And Im sure your stock cables will work fine.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Actually it's the 1,000,001st thread about this!!! Ding ding ding, you're the winner. It's pretty easy if you think about it, simply unbolt your bar clamps, lift your bars up, and measure the distance you can lift them. There should be a couple wire ties that you can cut from the steering stem and elsewhere that will give ya a little more slack. Pretty much all sleds will allow for a 2" riser without any trouble at all, but 3" might be just a bit tight. Give it whirl.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. i'll see how much i can lift the bars when i go up north this weekend. i'd do it now but my sled is 250 miles away. haha

·
Registered
426 Posts
sgemt said:
Actually it's the 1,000,001st thread about this!!! Ding ding ding, you're the winner. It's pretty easy if you think about it, simply unbolt your bar clamps, lift your bars up, and measure the distance you can lift them. There should be a couple wire ties that you can cut from the steering stem and elsewhere that will give ya a little more slack. Pretty much all sleds will allow for a 2" riser without any trouble at all, but 3" might be just a bit tight. Give it whirl.
like he said to check it. And most sleds can fit a 3 inch block easily but the keyword is "most".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts