Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone have a 2001 mxz 500 or other size sled with handlebar risers on it? I wood like to know how big you can go before you have to put a throttle extension on or different brake lines. Thanks

·
Registered
837 Posts
you can go 2 without changing the throttle cable, the brake line i think is fine up to 4 or even 6, i suggest you go with 3 inches, thats what i have on my 2 sleds, here take a look at this page with my sleds, there are 4 pages http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2873&whichpage=1

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i went 3 inches on my powder special w/o changing nething, it was a tight fit, but everything works

what i have to say bout risers: BEST INVESTMENT EVER

·
Registered
328 Posts
Check out http://www.gripnripracing.com/products.htm i just found them. They look pretty cool They seem a little on the expensive side to me, but i've never bought risers before.

·
Registered
414 Posts
On my wildcat i just took the handlebars off,and made four 3cm aluminiun tubes(long) and bought bolts 3cm longer. and assemled it with the tubes on the underside of the handlebar.Seem to work ok,i would not use this method with long tubes and my wires are not so long either.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Originally posted by scout
[br]Does anyone know where I can purchase handlebar risers? I have a 97 Polaris 700 SKS.
You can buy them from your polaris dealer or online at www.purepolaris.com

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i bought a 1" riser block off ebay.. a powermadd for like 8 bucks
it makes a nice difference.. but if i was guna do it again i would get a 2"

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put 5" riser on my 01 polaris 600. I re-ran my throttle cable and put in a longer steel hose brake line and it works just fine. bought mine from dennis kirk. $40

My bro has 3" on his 02 polaris and likes them

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm just getting around to making my bars taller, after riding some newer machines it's a must have on the old girl.... I used a set of bars of a newer yammy they were 2.5" taller and can be adjusted back and forth so it makes them seem even taller.. But now I'm off to buy a throttle cable extension.. I think the brake line is going to be a touch tight too.. How would I go about making it longer..?

·
Registered
671 Posts
i got 4 3/4 on my xlt and mx bars, so shes up bout 5 1/4 inches from stock, whata differncr on ur back, i ahd to extend my throttle cable and my brake line, but it was well worth it

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I got 2" on my XCR. I had a guy that does machining find some scrap, he gave me two chunks that were 1" thick. I drilled holes in them, and put a big hole trhough the middle to lighten, and got some bolts. I gave him $5. They would have scrapped it otherwise.

·
Registered
197 Posts
got a 2" on my REV anything taller means the stock windshield wont fit right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i made the steel brake line longer was using some extra 3" paintball hose i had layin around. its the same size and i got a part from local napa store to connect the two hoses. So far its workin great

·
Registered
637 Posts
Did you extend at the caliper on the lever end.. thanks..

I have ridded over 100miles w/ my new bars all I can say is WOW..! what a difference.. they are a little over 5" taller from where they started life and no longer shaped like a boomerang..!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts