Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my sleds are up north and i am going up there tommorow but my steering is loose and when ever i turn i have to turn the bars a little bit untill the skis even move does does anybody know what the problem is....i know it is probably simple but i just want to make sure i know what i am doing when i get there

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
kinda confusing to read..what are you trying to ask???

·
Registered
639 Posts
It looks like hes tryin to say is he has to move his bars a lil way b4 the skis move. It could be just joints are used and have become sloppy or maybe a loose bolt.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
What sled it this on? You should be a bit more specific in you question also. As far as Polaris' go almost all the sleds from early EDGE's and older had a bit of sloppy steering right from the factory. Also I noticed that on a BRAND NEW Yamaha Phazer at the local dealer. So unless it's terribly horrible it may have always been that way.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
My sled is a little sloppy in the steering department. Nothing too bad though. You learn to ride with it.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
If it is an edge yo are gonna have a blast doing it!! You have to take the motor loose and tip it forward to be able to get at the linkage. I dunno how big of a project you are looking for but if you do end up fixing it, take the linkage apart and put a high quality washer between the steering post and the arm going forward it will stay tighter a lot longer!! Sorry if this is confusing its hard to explain!! PM me if you need more help!!

DW

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I rememeber the steering became really loose on my Arctic Cat Prowler, It ended up being the lower steering shaft bearing/bushing was so sloppy the bolts litterally fell right out. After fixing that, it tightened everything right back up, but it was a pain in the butt to get to it, luckily I did that when I had the motor out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts