Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this xc sometimes kills me i got the new/used carbs seems to run much better but still not having better luck starting it when it sits over night i pull and pull last night i even shut the gas off for something different but nothing im sure my chokes need adjustment i was told that i want just a little pressure there on the spring when i put it in the carbs and thats what i did both are the same and still no luck anyone els got anything..i plan on riding this thing this weekend and see how well i did on the motor job last spring and all this carb work lets hope and pray.

btw..compression is 125 in both and has great blue spark and its getting fuel

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And with these carbs I have they don't have a fitting for the primer so I blocked the line for now. but still no help with the chokes anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Adjust the carbs by raising them a bit, pull them all and synchronize them to where they move equally. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Your carbs aren't right for sure. My sled has the primer and I never use the choke but even if I did it would fire up in two pulls. Are they the 39mm Kehins?
Let me know if you need some set-up instructions.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whitexc said:
Your carbs aren't right for sure. My sled has the primer and I never use the choke but even if I did it would fire up in two pulls. Are they the 39mm Kehins?
Let me know if you need some set-up instructions.
Yes I found out I don't think my choke were right got them set and fired but then it would load up and not run right took the base plugs out and the crank was full of gas so I took the carbs out and played with the floats and leveled them out and I had it where the float wasn't allowing any gas in so I adjusted it a little more where I could blow through s little put them back on changed plugs and it fired and idle good but I will find out in. A half hour when I go to start it but if you can give me instructions that would be great I'm want to.ride this weekend

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well went out turned the gas on fired first pull then quit started and idled second pull it was idling high but hey it started I'm pumped but I will still take those instructions just in case and what's the chance gas would still be getting into the crank

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Up date whitexc I took it for a little ride on the old railroad beds hit a few frozen ponds and ran great I got back home for the Hell of it I pulled the base plugs and I'm still getting some gas but seems to be more oily in it is it normal for a little gas to be in the crank? I took them out and let it sit over night with out them

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gas getting into the crank i was reading can be a bad fuel pump too is this true? because i already replaced that

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Hey, I just walked in the door. I promise to dig that stuff up in the morning but pm me your email if you have it. It will just go faster.
Could be a bad fuel pump diaphram but I think you just need good direction on the carbs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts